British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

09/06/23 Edinburgh v Glasgow (CH)

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Craig should really man up....

Very quiet on the Cook front.Borke got 2 pts in the U24 match in Poland on Tue.Very difficult to predict result but Tigers will never have better chance of a win IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Very quiet on the Cook front.Borke got 2 pts in the U24 match in Poland on Tue.Very difficult to predict result but Tigers will never have better chance of a win IMO

Just wonder if Craig's lost his enthusiasm over last 2 years. Tbf worrall probably better than josh had been Kerr harder to predict. As you say very disappointed if don't win now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agreed not entirely convinced with this sore back thing. Wouldn’t read too much into those 2 points. As normally scores more than that higher average than the likes of flint, hook, Edwards, Bailey. 

Bang on they won’t get a much better chance missing the top 2 and new riders first meeting over here.

On 6/6/2023 at 11:07 PM, Jaizer said:

Trying to think of a Dane who took to armadale quickly. Remember Nicki P demolishing the fence, Henning bager came round for a wave after running lasts, Peter juul was awful and Leon madsen took one look and refused to sign for Glasgow. I think jesper Olsen might've been decent. 

Nki certainly did back in the day. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 2:07 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Worrall probably and I believe so.

Aged well.

Despite their recent home struggles , and having a patched septet tonight , you just know the Monarchs are going to be up for this tonight more than any other league match . 

So we'll have to get the best out of our 7 , no silly exclusions , if we are to prevail . We should have an excellent chance of winning,  but I've been to Armadale too many times thinking that , only to be disappointed . Should be a cracker though 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Riding orders confirmed yet? 

From the Edinburgh Monarchs website....

TELLAR MONARCHS: Richie Worrall (guest), Paco Castagna, Bastian Borke, Kye Thomson (captain), Lewis Kerr (guest), Dayle Wood, Lasse Fredriksen.

ALLIED VEHICLES TIGERS: Chris Harris, Marcin Nowak, Tom Brennan (captain), Claus Vissing, Benjamin Basso, Ace Pijper, Lee Complin.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Agreed not entirely convinced with this sore back thing. Wouldn’t read too much into those 2 points. As normally scores more than that higher average than the likes of flint, hook, Edwards, Bailey. 

Bang on they won’t get a much better chance missing the top 2 and new riders first meeting over here.

I have a history of having a bad back and sometimes have problems with it and i'm not a speedway rider who has sustained several accidents over the years so i can fully understand why he wouldn't want to risk riding with it. I don't believe as some others seem to do in that Cookie has lost his enthusiasm because his average is over well over 9 points atm and he really seemed like he was 'dialled in' this season. I'm sure he will be back soon but i wouldn't advise coming back too early from a bad back because those problems, left unchecked or aggravated, can really manifest themselves in later life.

Edited by Nickinho

46 minutes ago, cheggie said:

From the Edinburgh Monarchs website....

TELLAR MONARCHS: Richie Worrall (guest), Paco Castagna, Bastian Borke, Kye Thomson (captain), Lewis Kerr (guest), Dayle Wood, Lasse Fredriksen.

ALLIED VEHICLES TIGERS: Chris Harris, Marcin Nowak, Tom Brennan (captain), Claus Vissing, Benjamin Basso, Ace Pijper, Lee Complin.

Oh that is all change. 

Switching the Tigers reserves too........interesting. 

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

Oh that is all change. 

Switching the Tigers reserves too........interesting. 

Means for this race, it's new guy Borke and Thomson at 3 & 4 respectively, as well as guest Kerr & rookie Wood for 3 heats for the Monarchs....
Got a feeling Fredriksen will be a busy man tonight!
For the tigers, Brennan and Vissing at 3 & 4 look a decent pairing + interesting to see how Nowak goes with Harris. Ht 13 is always interesting, but even more so with Harris and Basso...
I will be tuned into the updates later and hoping for a 44-46 to the tigers!

Edited by cheggie

With all the changes, I decided to make the trip. Might regret it later. Hopefully we see more passes than crashes, but I wouldn't put money on it. Poor home home doesn't seem to have put the crowd off tonight.

Which reminds me, all's gone quiet on the track front. I wonder what next year is looking like at the moment for the Monarchs?

• Like 1

What's happened to Kye Thomson? Thought he was top prospect looks like gone backwards