British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Leicester v Ipswich 8th June

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I have the utmost respect for Harris, really nice guy and I do not think he would do anything to intentionally disadvantage any team he rode for and rode well last night but I assume the qualifiers are a money spinner for him. 

Totally agree... Looks like at the time it was an extra pay day for him, so why not take it. It seems once you've entered you're locked in until you're knocked out, so for the club to then switch fixtures and then not really explain why their captain was missing was a bit naughty imo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Was a pretty decent meeting last night, the result was never in doubt once we saw how King, Rew, Barker, Hume & Thompson were riding.

My gob was smacked when I heard Chris Harris say that it was an honour to be captain of the team and it's something he takes very seriously... coming in the very next match after he decided not to ride for Leicester at Peterborough I found a bit of a p155 take!

On a positive note, was easily the best crowd of the season so far, with it looking to be up there with the Saturday nights of recent seasons.

I genuinely thought Ippo were going to be title contenders at the start of the season with their big guns pulling them over the line in 13 & 15, but with almost no support recently it looks like it may be a shorter season for them than I thought

Went along to this, as a neutral. Some enjoyable racing, especially from Fricke and Sayfutdinov.

Noticeable how many former (I guess they still are) Coventry fans were there.

Interesting to see you describe the crowd as "easily the best ... of the season so far". There must have been some sparse attendances!

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

Totally agree... Looks like at the time it was an extra pay day for him, so why not take it. It seems once you've entered you're locked in until you're knocked out, so for the club to then switch fixtures and then not really explain why their captain was missing was a bit naughty imo.

Harris will ride in every League and every other Competition that he can get into,it’s all about earning money for him  as he struggles to make the Sport pay. !!

36 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris will ride in every League and every other Competition that he can get into,it’s all about earning money for him  as he struggles to make the Sport pay. !!

How do you know he struggles to make it pay ?

37 minutes ago, justathought said:

How do you know he struggles to make it pay ?

That was what he was complaining about when he thought they were going to scrap doubling-up

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That was what he was complaining about when he thought they were going to scrap doubling-up

As they didn't, he isn't!
He had no choice but to ride in the qualifier or face a 24 day ban, which of course would have meant him missing more than one Lions match (which as it happens they won anyway)

12 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

As they didn't, he isn't!
He had no choice but to ride in the qualifier or face a 24 day ban, which of course would have meant him missing more than one Lions match (which as it happens they won anyway)

It’s surely an Event he could turn down at the start of the season though

Isn’t this the one track everyone said Thompson will score a few points on as he knows it so well? 4 rides and one gifted point when his teammate fell is pathetic. What on earth are the Ipswich management waiting for? It’s getting bizarre how long they’re sticking with him. 

35 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s surely an Event he could turn down at the start of the season though

I think the point is Leicester weren't due at Peterborough on that date, the club switched with Sheffield

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aries said:

Isn’t this the one track everyone said Thompson will score a few points on as he knows it so well? 4 rides and one gifted point when his teammate fell is pathetic. What on earth are the Ipswich management waiting for? It’s getting bizarre how long they’re sticking with him. 

It should of been and Hume usually rides well there two but although Kemp isnt a favourite of mine, he was very good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Went along to this, as a neutral. Some enjoyable racing, especially from Fricke and Sayfutdinov.

Noticeable how many former (I guess they still are) Coventry fans were there.

Interesting to see you describe the crowd as "easily the best ... of the season so far". There must have been some sparse attendances!

Not sparse but well down on last year's Saturday nights. 

It's amazing isn't it, in what other sport could you walk around brazenly wearing the colours of Coventry,  traditionally Leicester's fiercest rivals, and be Leicester "fans" :D

• Like 1

Just now, iainb said:

Not sparse but well down on last year's Saturday nights. 

It's amazing isn't it, in what other sport could you walk around brazenly wearing the colours of Coventry,  traditionally Leicester's fiercest rivals, and be Leicester "fans" :D

We all feel sorry for them.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance.

60.47 60.47 61.25 60.53 61.75 60.41 Awarded 61.50 60.84 61.44 61.46 61.47 61.60 63.47 62.something 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Judging by the fact that it's now June and he still doesn't have a team suit or team bike covers you can't help but think it can't be long before he's replaced.