British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08/06/22

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

I would say yes 

The better question would be, would he take KL? Maybe he likes his own trainers? ;) Might prefer Peterborough. Not that I think Ipswich will drop him anyway.

• Sad 1

Great win for the Aces without Kurtz.  The problem for Lynn is the crowds won't turn up for a losing team no matter who the number 1 is, we all want to see our team win at home. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Great win for the Aces without Kurtz.  The problem for Lynn is the crowds won't turn up for a losing team no matter who the number 1 is, we all want to see our team win at home. 

We need a complete re vamp or drop down.  Time to get ruthless

• Like 1

We have Laguta,and then we have the rest,oh dear.Klindt,Jakobsen and Jorgensen what are they doing.Klindt is pants at Lynn always has been most of the time.People saying there must be something wrong elsewhere ie track,pits whatever.Klindt is just poor around Lynn.Jorgensen who is normally good value around Lynn is totally off the boil.Jakobsen's riding style just doesn't seem to suit the Lyyn track.

Why does Edwards keep getting 4 rides.Kye needs the track time.Lemon didn't hesitate to pull Mulford from his 4th.

Pickering could possibly be back next week (hopefully in for Jorgensen) and apparently they'll be another team change before Monday's meeting away at Belle Vue

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Pickering could possibly be back next week (hopefully in for Jorgensen) and apparently they'll be another team change before Monday's meeting away at Belle Vue

"The engine room is where we’re lacking, and it’s something that will have to change. There will definitely be a change in time for Belle Vue away on Monday, there are some things to build on, and hopefully there will be a reaction again.”

No apparently about it, Alex's own words from the post-match report.

First of all. Must say that’s the best racing I’ve seen at lynn in a long time, track was perfect. 

secondly, laguta is just class, and soon will be scoring maximum after maximum there so if you can sort your engine room out then you won’t loose many. 

thirdly, I know lynn are struggling but that’s a great result for us without Kurtz, every single rider did the job they are paid to do. A very professional performance. 

• Like 8

Why do people continually come on here and ask 'was the crowd good?' or 'what was the racing like?' If everyone did that and not bother getting out and supporting clubs there would be no speedway. :mad:

That was easily the best meeting racing wise in quite a while. After Klindts first race win and leading his second until Freddie had engine problems causing Dan to fall he looked like he might have a decent night - and that probably made the difference in then end. Freddie wasn't too far away from the points either and seems to be moving in the right direction, albeit slowly. Tofty looked back to his best...and that man Laguta - wow - gonna enjoy watching him all season long!! Jason Edwards showed improvement with a decent bit of fight. 

Having said all that, had Kurtz been there last night BV would definitely have had a bigger win

All moving in the right direction - wonder what the change is that Alex has up his sleeve?

Edited by kelvinht
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Tofty looked back to his best...and that man Laguta - wow - gonna enjoy watching him all season long!! Jason Edwards showed improvement with a decent bit of fight. 

Having said all that, had Kurtz been there last night BV would definitely have had a bigger win

All moving in the right direction - wonder what the change is that Alex has up his sleeve?

I have to agree with all of that, as R/R for Kurtz only reaped 6-points.

Toft certainly was competitive last night, and we need that to continue.
Laguta is off this planet, and by far the best rider in the Premiership, what a joy to watch.  It's time now that both him and Sayfutdinov were given wild cards in next season GP Series.
I certainly wouldn't off load Edwards, as like Jenkins at Peterborough, he's showing so much promise.
I like and feel sorry for Jorgensen, because he is a very good rider, but I think he's now found himself in the same position that Kerr and Riss were in, he needs a change of scenery to revitalise himself.
Klindt is close to a carbon copy of Kasprazak, sometimes he will, sometimes he won't.
Unlike most people, I've never been sure about Pickering.

But as the saying goes these days, "It Is What It Is", and where really are the answers.  Ipswich and Peterborough are both voicing complaints, and we can't all get the answers we want.  

I feel sorry for Alex, he's putting his heart, soul and money into this club, and deserves to succeed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

Why do people continually come on here and ask 'was the crowd good?' or 'what was the racing like?' If everyone did that and not bother getting out and supporting clubs there would be no speedway. :mad:

That ol' chestnut again. 

You know full well why people ask those questions.

Speedway is no longer a cheap night out, especially for the family. They need to know if it's worth their financial risk. Today's people like to know if they'll be entertained & not have a consistently wasted evening. 

It isn't difficult, just cause you don't care about what you're watching doesn’t mean others shouldn't. 

I really detest this "use it or lose it" narrative. It's up to Speedway to provide, not for the fans to help a club survive. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

That ol' chestnut again. 

You know full well why people ask those questions.

Speedway is no longer a cheap night out, especially for the family. They need to know if it's worth their financial risk. Today's people like to know if they'll be entertained & not have a consistently wasted evening. 

It isn't difficult, just cause you don't care about what you're watching doesn’t mean others shouldn't. 

I really detest this "use it or lose it" narrative. It's up to Speedway to provide, not for the fans to help a club survive. 

If i was to say we have had the best season entertainment wise so far do you really reckon people will take a financial risk as you put it to come to the next one.Personally i don't.

If speedway is worth a financial risk if you think the racing will be good then Belle Vue would be packed every week.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Was the racing any better tonight?

Yes