British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Oxford

Connor Mountain in for Nielsen. RR for James Wright. I think Wright will be out for the season.

CURTIS SPORT BRUMMIES: Nick Morris, Alfie Bowtell, James Wright R/R, Connor Mountain, Justin Sedgmen, Joe Thompson, James Pearson.
OXFORD: Sam Masters, Cameron Heeps, Lewis Kerr, Jordan Jenkins, Scott Nicholls, Henry Atkins, Ryan Kinsley.

My wife is away working in Birmingham this week with a bunch of fellow lawyers. She likes an occasional outing to speedway and plans to watch this match. She had hoped to persuade some of her colleagues to join her. The only one who was keen, who likes Moto X and whose husband watches speedway, can no longer attend because, in her husband's unexpected absence, she has to dash a hundred miles home to sort out a domestic matter. I'm told none of my wife's other colleagues - 10 of them! - have any idea what speedway is, and back-heeled the idea of going to Perry Barr in favour of yet another evening eating in a Birmingham city centre restaurant. Says a lot about speedway's profile now. Quite often, I meet people - especially twenty and thirty somethings - who haven't ever heard of speedway. Still, one more on the crowd tomorrow!

Edited by Piotr Pyszny
  • Like 2

Fancy people saying saying no to something they don't know what it is! At least have a look on YT first :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

CURTIS SPORT BRUMMIES: Nick Morris, Alfie Bowtell, James Wright R/R, Connor Mountain, Justin Sedgmen, Joe Thompson, James Pearson.
OXFORD: Sam Masters, Cameron Heeps, Lewis Kerr, Jordan Jenkins, Scott Nicholls, Henry Atkins, Ryan Kinsley.

Sorry to say I can't see anything but an Oxford win here against a injury hit Top heavy but miss firing Brummies, I think it will me more a case of how respectable can Brum keep the scoreline ?, should be a few Cheetah's fans to help the attendance.

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

Sorry to say I can't see anything but an Oxford win here against a injury hit Top heavy but miss firing Brummies, I think it will me more a case of how respectable can Brum keep the scoreline ?, should be a few Cheetah's fans to help the attendance.

Personally I think Birmingham's changes strengthen them, will that be enough for them to win, who knows?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

My wife is away working in Birmingham this week with a bunch of fellow lawyers. She likes an occasional outing to speedway and plans to watch this match. She had hoped to persuade some of her colleagues to join her. The only one who was keen, who likes Moto X and whose husband watches speedway, can no longer attend because, in her husband's unexpected absence, she has to dash a hundred miles home to sort out a domestic matter. I'm told none of my wife's other colleagues - 10 of them! - have any idea what speedway is, and back-heeled the idea of going to Perry Barr in favour of yet another evening eating in a Birmingham city centre restaurant. Says a lot about speedway's profile now. Quite often, I meet people - especially twenty and thirty somethings - who haven't ever heard of speedway. Still, one more on the crowd tomorrow!

An update: my wife's interested colleague has managed to sort out her domestic issue therefore does not have to return home. So, they're going together tomorrow. The colleague is "very excited" about the prospect of watching speedway for the first time. And who wouldn't be?

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Fancy people saying saying no to something they don't know what it is! At least have a look on YT first :D

You do wonder! On that basis, you'd never try anything new.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I think Birmingham's changes strengthen them, will that be enough for them to win, who knows?

It does in the current state of affairs (simply because Wright couldnt beat an egg atm)....but, I can't see where the points are going to come from apart from using Morris as  a T/S in one of his rides?

Sedgemen has only won 2 races at home all season? Alfie has improved greatly and might get a 2nd place....Mountain has had 8 rides at PB this season and hasn't won any (and that's against us) ?

We haven't had one race winner in Heat 15 at home..... ALL season!

And what motivation is LR going to inject ?

We need a miracle!

11 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

An update: my wife's interested colleague has managed to sort out her domestic issue therefore does not have to return home. So, they're going together tomorrow. The colleague is "very excited" about the prospect of watching speedway for the first time. And who wouldn't be?

You do wonder! On that basis, you'd never try anything new.

Many people are reluctant to try new things especially when risking disappointment if they have  loads of other dependable stuff in their lives.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

It does in the current state of affairs (simply because Wright couldnt beat an egg atm)....but, I can't see where the points are going to come from apart from using Morris as  a T/S in one of his rides?

Sedgemen has only won 2 races at home all season? Alfie has improved greatly and might get a 2nd place....Mountain has had 8 rides at PB this season and hasn't won any (and that's against us) ?

We haven't had one race winner in Heat 15 at home..... ALL season!

And what motivation is LR going to inject ?

We need a miracle!

Hope your'e not doing the "team talk" GUAB?:D

• Haha 1

Can't see anything but another heavy defeat here unfortunately... Masters, Nicholls and Kerr are all usually excellent around Perry Barr and on our current form we'll struggle to take points off any of those three

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Hope your'e not doing the "team talk" GUAB?:D

I don't think we've had one at home this season ??? :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

I'm sure they will be be made very welcome. Gates / pits open at 6, meet the riders etc, racing starts ar 7.30.

• Thanks 1