British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Leicester 10/06/2023 3pm

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Deary me,not another who thinks he’s a superstar already.

Not even 16 till August  !!!

2 minutes ago, Neila said:

Not even 16 till August  !!!

We don’t know the full story but pretty pathetic if even half of it is true.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

No winners then, if that's the case (and we'd have to hear his side of it). Boughen misses a meeting on what appears to be a good track for him (he had a fabulous race there with, IIRC, Pijper in the U21 meeting), his team are weakened and the meeting as a spectacle is devalued.

Some disciplinary action required if all this is true!

• Like 3

I don't want to judge a rider before hearing his version of events, but if what I've read is true, it's the most embarrassing display I've ever heard of from a Speedway rider! Maybe Zmarzlik could complain about having too small a pit bay in the GPs but not Boughen at NL level!

I also can't help but wonder who drove him up? At 15 he can't drive, so has he really thrown a strop which means his parents / mechanic has driven him all the way to Workington for nothing?

Very keen to hear what the explanation is through official channels from Workington / Leicester / Boughen!

Edited by szkocjasid
Grammer
  • Like 2

Cubs doing well considering the circumstances, only 4 behind 

26-22 

I might be wrong here but I don't think that the riders vans are parked in the pits at Leicester. There's not enough room for starters!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Neila said:

Mr boughen was at northside arena,  but apparently did not like the new pits layout, no vans allowed in the pits now, , he wanted to use the car park beside his van as his own personal pit !!!

Must've known what to expect, he was only there a couple of weeks ago 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't want to judge a rider before hearing his version of events, but if what I've read is true, it's the most embarrassing display I've ever heard of from a Speedway rider! Maybe Zmarzlik could complain about having too small a pit bay in the GPs but not Boughen at NL level!

I also can't help but wonder who drove him up? At 15 he can't drive, so has he really thrown a strop which means his parents / mechanic has driven him all the way to Workington for nothing?

Very keen to hear what the explanation is through official channels from Workington / Leicester / Boughen!

I very much doubt whoever drove him up, would just let him leave and drive him back if they didn’t agree with him! Read into what you will. 

Young riders are usually influenced by their elder guardians. Henry Atkins was a lot like this, heavily influenced by his father and that often backfired for him. Thankfully, Atkins seems to have grown up now and is starting to show some potential. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lbw said:

Cubs doing well considering the circumstances, only 4 behind 

26-22 

They certainly are

Regarding Mr boughen,  just heard at the track that he or someone in his crew was not well, but if true still should not have left the meeting .  Some type of information should be released to put the storey true

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Jordan Jenkins might have something to say about that. 

And Max clegg, over 2 points better average! And Bowtell, And Bailey.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

I very much doubt whoever drove him up, would just let him leave and drive him back if they didn’t agree with him! Read into what you will. 

Young riders are usually influenced by their elder guardians. Henry Atkins was a lot like this, heavily influenced by his father and that often backfired for him. Thankfully, Atkins seems to have grown up now and is starting to show some potential. 

If he was advised to leave by his mechanics, guardians, advisors etc then that would be even worse! Especially from a helper to a young rider! 

Anyway all speculation till the truth comes out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

It was suggested his father was with him and could well have been the overwhelming influence in what occurred. Apparently car parks cannot be used as pits for health and safety reasons, this didn't suit and resulted in them leaving. If this is the case it is diabolical, there were a good few Leicester fans who gratefully made the journey and this action may well have cost them a victory bearing in mind the dominance  Ashton demonstrated on track the last couple of weekends. It is these Leicester fans I feel a lot of sympathy for, quite disgraceful actually.

• Like 3