British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Leicester 10/06/2023 3pm

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

in all honesty there have been some pretty dreadful teams put out over the past couple of seasons but don't recall any fines dished out.

As Boughen was actually at the track, and apparently did the track walk before throwing his toys and leaving, I'm guessing the SCB are making the point that they think the club should have done more to control the rider, and talk sense in to him, to stop him leaving.  

I wasn't there and I have no idea which members of the Leicester management were there, and how much effort they made to stop the rider leaving, but I know the referee was very involoved and the fine will have been based on whatever he put in his report.

• Like 2

StevePark, I don't understand your logic in saying without Free-Bees meetings would not start, most of them do nothing in the

running of any meeting.

The people who got me annoyed waited until the opposition rider arrived in the stadium car park and jumped into Riders van and

were taken through the pit gate without paying or are known to one of the second half rider's who are looking to ride after the main

meeting so likewise they can get in for nothing..

Bob

Edited by scampispeedway

On 6/12/2023 at 9:51 AM, proud panther said:

THJ not posting on here at moment, hope he is ok. 

Neither is THJ's forum sparring mate 'jenga'......always enjoyed their word wars on here.

3 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

StevePark, I don't understand your logic in saying without Free-Bees meetings would not start, most of them do nothing in the

running of any meeting.

The people who got me annoyed waited until the opposition rider arrived in the stadium car park and jumped into Riders van and

were taken through the pit gate without paying or are known to one of the second half rider's who are looking to ride after the main

meeting so likewise they can get in for nothing..

Bob

Clerk of the Course, Pits Marshal, Environmental Marshal, Flag Marshals, Start Marshal, Timekeeper/Incident recorder, Machine Examiners, Announcer, Centre Green Announcer, Track Electrician(s)..... 

StevePark, you are missing the point of my posting, I have no objection to any one doing the jobs you have listed for

the Promoter because he must have someone responsible before a meeting is allowed to run.

What I objected too are the people who do not have a listed job but still expect to get in for nothing and will find ways

of getting round that problem so that they can continue to watch free speedway. 

Bob

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

According to this week's Speedway Star Leicester have been fined for tracking an under strength team.

Interesting because a lower points limit was put in following that infamous Scunthorpe side. Admittedly I haven’t checked this year’s regulations but the limit was about 32.00 whereas even taking out Boughen’s average, Leicester’s side was still over 39 on effective averages and over 36 on starting averages. Not exactly embarrassingly under strength especially when they only lost by 11 away to some people’s title favourites! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Interesting because a lower points limit was put in following that infamous Scunthorpe side. Admittedly I haven’t checked this year’s regulations but the limit was about 32.00 whereas even taking out Boughen’s average, Leicester’s side was still over 39 on effective averages and over 36 on starting averages. Not exactly embarrassingly under strength especially when they only lost by 11 away to some people’s title favourites! 

Is it not the fact they started the meeting with five riders, rather than averages not adding up, being the point they were "under strength"?

Also as Mr boughen left the arena with his toys behind him, the fans who pay good money, had to witness 3 X 3 rider races, and miss out seeing a very good young prospect in Mr boughen BUT this episode may go against him in the future, hopefully will have learnt by his mistake 

11 hours ago, StevePark said:

Is it not the fact they started the meeting with five riders, rather than averages not adding up, being the point they were "under strength"?

Leicester started with 6 riders and tbf it’s not the club’s fault that Boughen left. 

17 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Leicester started with 6 riders and tbf it’s not the club’s fault that Boughen left. 

Yes, they did, my mistake, apologies.  I thought, for some bizarre reason, they started with R/R but Spencer was injured in his first ride and they used IRR.   

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2023 at 3:52 PM, geoff100 said:

Never thought to get checked out by the doctors on site? Lets drive 7 hours home instead! Surely a 28 day ban is coming 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2023 at 5:48 PM, SteelShoe said:

It does sound rather implausible. Think a bit of retrospective covering up may be going on to try and mitigate against the likelyhood of disciplinary action.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2023 at 8:48 PM, rocket007 said:

If his Dad was really ill, why not go to see track Dr then surely a facility would be available to Leicester due to mitigating circumstances. Also, if Dad was that ill, was it wise to drive straight back home. There's more to this than meets the eye.

If posters are presuming it was a pits/access issue then why did he do a track walk later?

If his Dad was taken ill he could have been advised to travel home rather than his mind being elsewhere!

Was there 3 in the van? Ashton, his Dad & possibly a mechanic?