British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 16/9/23 @19-30

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

And all joking aside , that is the sad part . Craig was a terrific rider to watch round Ashfield , wonderfully entertaining . And a constant thorn in our side during his first stint in the blue and gold . 

No reason he can't be that rider again if he can put what the trouble is behind him 

Yeah, it is a shame. I thought last year maybe he was just getting sick of Glasgow. He's brilliant when everything clicks, and I'd have loved to see him tonight. Makes you wonder if he'll come back at all. He must be burning a lot of bridges.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Sedgy off the back of a Prem paid max, Kye having a confidence boosting best prem meeting so far, Bastion had a promising debut and will find the Ashfield bowl easier to ride than the Dale, Paco and Lasse have never had a good meeting at Glasgow so must be due one, and young Dayle showing last week he can pick up points at this level.

Wait a minute, I think we could win this one!

Note to Blobby - stop being so pessimistic, man, just relax and enjoy the speedway:drink:

What promise did Bastion show last week? It didn't show up on the stream. He was hardly in shot as he was way back and your comms said his gating was hopeless. And they'd seen the same in Danish league 

1 minute ago, gmarsbar2 said:

What promise did Bastion show last week? It didn't show up on the stream. He was hardly in shot as he was way back and your comms said his gating was hopeless. And they'd seen the same in Danish league 

I thought Bastian did well considering he made his debut after arriving in Scotland for the fist time a couple of days before he took to the track.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

I thought Bastian did well considering he made his debut after arriving in Scotland for the fist time a couple of days before he took to the track.  

Not entirely true, he had a practice after the NDL match the week before.

I did think he showed some promise though.

• Like 1

Just now, spt82 said:

Not entirely true, he had a practice after the NDL match the week before.

I did think he showed some promise though.

I see. I didn't know that. I was led to believe that he had touched down a couple of days before and the management were trying to find someone to offer him a room because his bikes were stored on the east side of Edinburgh. He still looked okay on his debut though and he didn't appear overawed by the occasion. Definitely one for the future.

17 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

I guess it depends on whether your glass is half full or half empty, but even with poor gating he improved as the meeting went on and looked a determined, stylish rider who, in my opinion, will become a good quality rider at this level. I'll admit that today is probably too soon to see that promise turn into a lot of points, but you never know.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Are you publicly calling Mr Cook a liar?

Yes and no.

43 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Weight of the world on his shoulders?

Have Edinburgh not provided a sick note to get the guest facility in previous meetings? If there's no injury then why have they not announced he's withholding his services.

Think Craig has other demons in his life which unfortunately stop him riding. Shame as he’s still one of the best riders in the league. Similar to when he went awol last year for a bit. 

• Like 1

GSA for the Monarchs tonight (number of qualifying meetings in brackets):

1   Sedgman                   (2)  4.73

2   Paco                           (3)  5.54

3   Borke                          (1)  3.00

4   Kye                              (4)  6.44

5   R/R                   

6   Wood                          (1)  2.67

7   Lasse                          (4)  5.56

23 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Well Mike Hunter wasn't impressed

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

5   R/R                   

That is one of the poorest Champ line ups I’ve seen for a while. I’d even back the Comets or other top NDL sides to beat them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marksman said:

That is one of the poorest Champ line ups I’ve seen for a while. I’d even back the Comets or other top NDL sides to beat them!

Obviously they aren't the official ones until a requisite number of meetings have been raced but they are how they (unofficially) stand as of today. You're right though, it doesn't look very good.

26 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Well Mike Hunter wasn't impressed

Is Mike hunter impressed by anything? Most negative commentator ever heard. And that even goes back to when they were winning lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

5   R/R                   

Where are you getting 4.73 for Sedgmen from?

1 hour ago, SilentLurker said:

Are you publicly calling Mr Cook a liar?

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes and no.

Well that clears that up, then!!!

• Haha 4