British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Plymouth v Oxford - Tue 20th June - Champ

12 minutes ago, Chairboy said:

Oxford have declared their team for this match with Jenkins at 4. Now that he is unavailable because of injury, Oxford have tweeted their intention to use R/R for Jenkins at 2. Can they change their riding order at this stage?

Sure it's been the case as long as I can remember with a late change leading to r/r. Had many a programme looking like a dog's dinner before the meeting started, changes to riding order and virtually every race. 

27 minutes ago, Chairboy said:

Oxford have declared their team for this match with Jenkins at 4. Now that he is unavailable because of injury, Oxford have tweeted their intention to use R/R for Jenkins at 2. Can they change their riding order at this stage?

It used to be that you could change the riding order if agreed by the referee and the opposition. Not sure if that is still the case.

Who is Ben Morley riding for tonight? Apart from Plymouth, He is also declared in the line-up for the Isle of Wight v Rye House challenge match tonight.

13 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Who is Ben Morley riding for tonight? Apart from Plymouth, He is also declared in the line-up for the Isle of Wight v Rye House challenge match tonight.

Isn't IOW match on Thursday?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Rye House is tonight i believe.

You believe wrong

Meeting is Thursday 22nd June

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chairboy said:

Personally don't think it should be allowed, just messes up everyone's programme & besides there's no reason they can't use r/r at 4

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HGould said:

Not hard to envisage Henry Atkins having 6 rides at least here. 

The irony of being nurtured and appreciated and scoring points for fun at Oxford v being used as a pawn and ignored by May at Plymouth might not be lost on the more understanding Plymouth fans tonight. 

Oxford win

Not sure I understand the logic, Plymouth have him a NL spot & gave him the harder rides at number 6. Oxford gave him a NL spot but preferred Killeen to him last year (after only one NL outing). This year as at Plymouth he's been given the harder rides at number 6!

Not much has changed imo (maybe it has behind the scenes) apart from Atkins scoring better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So it is at 2. Makes more sense! 

Personally I think it would suit Oxford better having r/r at 4. Feel Kerr would be "wasted" having his extra ride in heat 8 (as is bound to happen). Using r/r at 4 gives Oxford a strong finish: Kerr in 12, Masters & Nicholls in 13, Kerr in 14 & 2 of them in 15.

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I think it would suit Oxford better having r/r at 4. Feel Kerr would be "wasted" having his extra ride in heat 8 (as is bound to happen). Using r/r at 4 gives Oxford a strong finish: Kerr in 12, Masters & Nicholls in 13, Kerr in 14 & 2 of them in 15.

R/r is at 4.

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

R/r is at 4.

I'm talking about using at 4 in general (not just tonight) for tactical reasons. I get the impression it's at 4 tonight because they weren't allowed to change it at short notice?