British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham v Berwick Wed 21st June CL

Well done to Birmingham on their first home win, nice to see Dick getting in on the act.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Batch did better than i thought he would!

Batch is a quality rider at Championship Level and will have good equipment,very good start from him though.Good signing taking the pressure of Morris and Sedgman.Why Berwick have a Heat Leader at No2 is questionable IMO.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Similar happened to me at King's Lynn, but in the 1980's.  Went on Hull Supporter's Club coach, was taking photos and moved away from the Hull fans to the other end of the stadium, standing at the very front of the terracing, some worse for wear 'supporters' came down from the top row and said "you are spoiling our view ! Move ! Now !", was on my own so I did.  I may have worn my Hull scarf, shouldn't have made make any difference, not at speedway, don't think those characters were Stars fans at all, Lynn colours were yellow & green in those days and we've always found the Stars fans, & speedway fans in general, to be a friendly bunch.  Been back to King's Lynn a few times, mid-2000's on, but never been a fan of the place since.  Shame, like I said, 99.99% unknown behaviour at speedway, worn Hull cap, jacket with programme board many times, at many venues, never any issues....

I'd have said get stuffed to em, sadly there is a very bad parochialism in many places - I call it 'smalltownitus'

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Batch is a quality rider at Championship Level and will have good equipment,very good start from him though.Good signing taking the pressure of Morris and Sedgman.Why Berwick have a Heat Leader at No2 is questionable IMO.

TBF probably his best meeting and Leon was doing fine until 13. The middle pairing away from home is one I wouldn't persevere with. Is Jonas still recovering from his off at Glasgow, doesn't look same rider 

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yeah i just thought Batch would need a couple of weeks to get race fitness up, so was expecting more of a 5/6 points score.

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

TBF probably his best meeting and Leon was doing fine until 13. The middle pairing away from home is one I wouldn't persevere with. Is Jonas still recovering from his off at Glasgow, doesn't look same rider 

Leon is not the problem,but he is under pressure to perform in big races.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree they tried it on Saturday with Leon at 2 and we know what happened then.

Next home meeting for Berwick July 15th but before that we have away meetings at Plymouth, Oxford & Poole.

47 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Was that the father and son x 2 side?

Yes. Aiden Collins was the far better prospect IMO but after coming back to us after spending a winter in Australia, never seemed the same. Moved on to Workington possibly then retired.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Normski said:

Next home meeting for Berwick July 15th but before that we have away meetings at Plymouth, Oxford & Poole.

After them still be in bottom 3

No lack of effort from Bandits riders tonight,we were just not good enough.well done to the Brummies.

Edited by Fromafar

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

No lack of effort from Bandits riders tonight,we were just not good enough.well done too Brummies.

Batchelor and having Douglas as TM made the difference

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Leon is not the problem,but he is under pressure to perform in big races.

He is one of them away from home, at home yes a no doubt heat leader but away from home he tends to perform more like a weak second string.

As far as tonight goes he was just fine but he was a Birmingham rider just a few seasons ago in the NL so I suspect this will easily be his best away performance.

1 minute ago, Normski said:

Batchelor and having Douglas as TM made the difference

It was brave decision to take Bowtell out.The one tac sub rule doesn’t really give you a lot of options with heat 8 being protected nowadays.

Pretty decent return from Batchelor all things considered. Is he riding in Sweden or Poland ???