British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Scunthorpe Ch 7.30pm Friday 23 June 2023

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

probably should have used a guest if any one wanted it!!!!!

Makes a change. No kids about, no school holidays/freebies?

Bitter not.

• Like 2

Meeting abandoned rain heavy now.

That's a shame was really good meeting up to that point looking forward to 13. Would probably taken 10 points before start

Kemp looks different rider. Spell in Poland obviously done him world of good

I would also take 10 points before the start.

• Like 1

Can anyone at the track tonight tell me what time did  heat 1 ,come to tapes
please ??

This rain was forecast all day and in real terms the promoters have got it wrong and Scunny will be happy as they were down to 4 team members and a genuine 2 pt reserve . I’m happy it’s that but think Glasgow missed guanteeing the bonus point

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

please ??

This rain was forecast all day and in real terms the promoters have got it wrong and Scunny will be happy as they were down to 4 team members and a genuine 2 pt reserve . I’m happy it’s that but think Glasgow missed guanteeing the bonus point

Went off pretty much on time..as said before delay was for mountain falling and treatment etc. Grading maybe bit too long after 7 imo but doubt get much more than another heat done imo

5 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

please ??

See? Can't win. Call it off? Get pelters. Run it? Get pelters.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

See? Can't win. Call it off? Get pelters. Run it? Get pelters.

The call off helped my team ,with 13 and 15 I think a Glasgow would have extended there lead

The meeting started bang on time. The two minutes for heat 1 went up at 19:28. There was no grading after heat 4. There was a very quick grade after heat 7. Everything else is in the control of the referee. He didn't dither either. There were two stoppages for Scunthorpe riders who hit the deck.

And the Glasgow riders were at tapes first in every heat. Heat 9, Scunthorpe the Scunthorpe riders both appeared on track with 6 seconds on the clock. But somehow the promoters are at fault.

There was no issue with the running of the meeting.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

The meeting started bang on time. The two minutes for heat 1 went up at 19:28. There was no grading after heat 4. There was a very quick grade after heat 7. Everything else is in the control of the referee. He didn't dither either. There were two stoppages for Scunthorpe riders who hit the deck.

And the Glasgow riders were at tapes first in every heat. Heat 9, Scunthorpe the Scunthorpe riders both appeared on track with 6 seconds on the clock. But somehow the promoters are at fault.

There was no issue with the running of the meeting.

Good meeting unfortunately cut short. Had Mountain not been injured we would have been toiling IMO.

Can't understand Scunny riders gamesmanship in ht9 when the meeting needed pushed on to avoid the rain, they appeared with a few seconds to spare then were slow out again in ht10 but out ok in the remaining heats. Did they really want a rainoff?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD said:

Good meeting unfortunately cut short. Had Mountain not been injured we would have been toiling IMO.

Can't understand Scunny riders gamesmanship in ht9 when the meeting needed pushed on to avoid the rain, they appeared with a few seconds to spare then were slow out again in ht10 but out ok in the remaining heats. Did they really want a rainoff?

Looked like it to me, as been said the only hold up was for the medics to attend to Mountain (hope nothing serious) but that apart the referee pushed things along swiftly until as you say the away team started to cut it fine on appearing on track.

13 minutes ago, MD said:

Aye, very odd behaviour. 

Also remember, there were quite a few heats with away riders running consecutive heats, so the referee had to make an allowance for that. Even then, he didn't give them long.

• Like 3

To speak of the racing, heat 9 was a good one. I thought About was unfortunate to be excluded as all four were pretty much together, but the racing between Allen and Bidding was very good. A few unhappy home fans that Allen caught the back of Claus's bike starting lap four, but I thought it was fine. Claus came across hard.to clamp the inside and he gives it out pretty hard. I think he's big enough to look after himself on that one.