British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Scunthorpe Ch 7.30pm Friday 23 June 2023

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

To speak of the racing, heat 9 was a good one. I thought About was unfortunate to be excluded as all four were pretty much together, but the racing between Allen and Bidding was very good. A few unhappy home fans that Allen caught the back of Claus's bike starting lap four, but I thought it was fine. Claus came across hard.to clamp the inside and he gives it out pretty hard. I think he's big enough to look after himself on that one.

Yeah Claus gives and takes hard racing. Bit of handbags between the 2 at scunny as well mind. Nothing was dirty imo just hard racing 

Scunny TM comments on their match report will give you an insight into the gamesmanship 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah Claus gives and takes hard racing. Bit of handbags between the 2 at scunny as well mind. Nothing was dirty imo just hard racing 

Two talented riders giving it out too each other they did get a bit close for comfort on a couple of occasions, it is these moments you just have to trust each other.

• Like 2

Having seen Ablitt at Ashfield a handful of times now, he's improved greatly than when he was Pooles sacrificial 3 heat lamb. He had Lee well beat until a mistake in bend 2 lap 4 and unlike previous visits where he was about 3/4 of a lap off the pace he was there or there abouts in every heat he was in and was unlucky to not get a rerun at the heat where he was pushed to the fence.

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Bad weather forecasts seem to make you very sleepy! ;)

You talk some Michael Fish.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

You talk some Michael Fish.

I see what you did there I like it.

• Haha 1

Disappointed,wet ass and wrong team won, must admit,scorpions would of been up against it with mountain out but Dougy Allen lambert kemp were up for it for sure

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Having seen Ablitt at Ashfield a handful of times now, he's improved greatly than when he was Pooles sacrificial 3 heat lamb. He had Lee well beat until a mistake in bend 2 lap 4 and unlike previous visits where he was about 3/4 of a lap off the pace he was there or there abouts in every heat he was in and was unlucky to not get a rerun at the heat where he was pushed to the fence.

He is another one that rides in Poland U24's. Think it has helped a lot. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He is another one that rides in Poland U24's. Think it has helped a lot. 

I think you've got it spot on. Look at James Pearson and Connor Bailey who seem to be benefitting from it too.

And Kemp, who's previous trips to ashfield havent come to much.

Edited by Cast1rn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Scunny TM comments on their match report will give you an insight into the gamesmanship 

Which bit?

11 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Which bit?

That not getting to heat 15 suited them. Hence the delays in getting to tapes. Putting riders 2 on the trott knowing the rain was coming 

2 on the trot (Ablitt) in heat 9 was a reserve swap for the unfit Mountain or should we have gone with 3 riders only race?

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

2 on the trot (Ablitt) in heat 9 was a reserve swap for the unfit Mountain or should we have gone with 3 riders only race?

Would've been as well given the outcome. I'm not having a go it's what a good TM does that doesn't have faith in his riders to keep the score tight in the conditions 

20 hours ago, Jaizer said:

That not getting to heat 15 suited them. Hence the delays in getting to tapes. Putting riders 2 on the trott knowing the rain was coming 

Yeah I've got to admit I'm a bit lost here, I might be being thick, but how did the delaying the start in any way help them? I just don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Yeah I've got to admit I'm a bit lost here, I might be being thick, but how did the delaying the start in any way help them? I just don't get it. 

Because they lost by 10 finishing at heat 11. If gone to 15 might have been 16, so more chance of the bonus