British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

30.06.2023 - League - Scunny v Oxford

As predicted Masters has a decent meeting and Rider Replacement cost us dear. Hindsight is wonderful but a guest was the obvious choice with no other teams riding tonight. Why was Jake in the super heat instead of Lambo? All night he was under powered and going backwards down the straights-another Manager dubious decision.

5 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

As predicted Masters has a decent meeting and Rider Replacement cost us dear. Hindsight is wonderful but a guest was the obvious choice with no other teams riding tonight. Why was Jake in the super heat instead of Lambo? All night he was under powered and going backwards down the straights-another Manager dubious decision.

Oh the irony.. 

A plethora of guests available on a Friday night for Scunthorpe to use....

And not using any...:o;):D

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Gifted their rivals one though. Who knows how that will affect final table. Could be the difference between first and second. They should have held on to a six point lead against a 5 man team? Heeps lost a lot of points by the sound of it. 

If Oxford are going for 1st, letting Scunny get a point won't affect them, against Poole would be a big difference.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

What are the rules of the super heat? can it be the same riders as heat 15?   seemed a bit funny both teams changing a rider as everyone around us said "same 4 i quess" but i wouldnt have gone with Allen unless he was the only one willing to do it...for me heat 14 was the race of the season

Obviously should have been a guest in for MPT especially as only 4 points were got from rider replacement, in the end though getting a point from this match with only 5 riders was an achievement, 

ps was Jake Allen riding one of the kids 250cc bikes all night

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Bizarre decision. Allen needs to look at his engine, he doesn't have the speed he had a few years back, if he wants I can lend him my push bike.

1 hour ago, Paul Johnson said:

Do people think they say to rider "you are guesting for us tomorrow"?

Do you know if anyone was asked? Most riders would not turn down a guest booking.

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Probably because Lambert was last in heat 15?

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Probably because Lambert was last in heat 15?

But Lambert had scored more points on the night and was very close to making a pass in heat 15 unfortunately Jake seemed to be struggling for pace all night 

7 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

But Lambert had scored more points on the night and was very close to making a pass in heat 15 unfortunately Jake seemed to be struggling for pace all night 

I didn't say Lambert shouldn't have been in heat 16, just offering a reason why he wasn't picked

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

What are the rules of the super heat? can it be the same riders as heat 15?   seemed a bit funny both teams changing a rider as everyone around us said "same 4 i quess" but i wouldnt have gone with Allen unless he was the only one willing to do it...for me heat 14 was the race of the season

Any rider can take part. 4-3-2-0 scoring system (same as the Pairs).

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Do you know if anyone was asked? Most riders would not turn down a guest booking.

On a Friday night at Scunthorpe against the Oxford top three. I'd say most riders would turn it down unless you're offering stupid money guarantees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A fantastic meeting - well done to Scunthorpe for producing such a brilliant race track. However...as an Oxford fan, I should be pleased with the outcome after the 'superheat'. But I just can't get used to the stupidity of the idea. For one thing, what's wrong with a draw? It would have been a fair result. But to have another heat - where the object of the 'race' is not to win, but to avoid coming last - is just absurd.

• Like 5