British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IronScorpion

Woofy returns in 2024

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Given the figures quoted by Alex, finding a new promoter isn't going to be easy I fear. If you had no Lynn and the Panthers using our track, and still kept their same name, i don't think you will get many Peterborough fans  making the trip. Like wise Lynn fans turning up to watch Peterborough. I can't see that working myself. 

As said by TTT on here about 3 weeks ago, you maybe could some how combine some of both teams riders and re name them ? 

Given how both teams are doing, Norfolk Snails might be a goer :blink:

The Compost Corner Pussyc##ts ?? ;):P

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Buster is absolutely adamant he's not running King's Lynn next season, so unless a new promoter can be sourced King's Lynn won't be running in 2024.

May be the rumours of Peterborough running at Saddlebow could be true if King's Lynn themselves are not coming to tapes. There's no chance of 2 Premiership &/or Championship clubs at one track working. 

Don't think  those rumours would be true.Financial suicide imo.Why would they run Peterborough at Lynn,there would hardly be any support there.If someone was to run at Lynn surely they would run a Lynn team to at least keep the locals going.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Don't think  those rumours would be true.Financial suicide imo.Why would they run Peterborough at Lynn,there would hardly be any support there.If someone was to run at Lynn surely they would run a Lynn team to at least keep the locals going.

King's Lynn can't maintain their position at the top table with their current support either. 

There's going to be a huge shift in British Speedway during the winter if Peterborough & Wolverhampton disappear anyway so none of us can call it right now, even the owners. 

• Like 1

Interesting timing by Woffinden, to mention the desire to resume racing in the UK. Presumably he knows about the dire state of things and that, even if there is to be a "premier" league or even just any league, there will be probably be no takers at his required pay rate. Sounds like someone who is expressing a wish to do something he knows is very unlikely to happen.

32 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Interesting timing by Woffinden, to mention the desire to resume racing in the UK. Presumably he knows about the dire state of things and that, even if there is to be a "premier" league or even just any league, there will be probably be no takers at his required pay rate. Sounds like someone who is expressing a wish to do something he knows is very unlikely to happen.

Tai did say he wanted to ride in this country before he retires .....So may be  he is thinking  down those lines...After all B.Zmarzlik will take sum beating over all the G..P rounds....he's  consistently good..

On 6/27/2023 at 5:16 PM, W9 Lion said:

He will end up at the track closest to his home.

What's the next closest track to where he lives? Doesn't he own land in birmingham somewhere or am I wrong ?

15 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

What's the next closest track to where he lives? Doesn't he own land in birmingham somewhere or am I wrong ?

I believe he lives in/near Long Eaton

37 minutes ago, iainb said:

I believe he lives in/near Long Eaton

Used to live near East Midlands Airport not sure now.

On 7/2/2023 at 12:36 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The Compost Corner Pussyc##ts ?? ;):P

Have you added a letter to many there Taps... Or.......................... :lol:

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Have you added a letter to many there Taps... Or.......................... :lol:

No - all correct :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Used to live near East Midlands Airport not sure now.

He was talking a couple of years ago about wanting to sell that place, that buying it had been a mistake and it is very vulnerable to flooding. Don't know if he actually did. Seem to recall seeing something about his in-laws now having a place in South Humberside, so it could be Scunthorpe's now his "local" UK track?

On 6/28/2023 at 3:11 AM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

He did mention this in his interview at the go last weekend with Scotty.

it’s great news for speedway if it happens….I wonder where he will end up?

my only concern is what sort of premiership will there be next year

Be great to see him in uk

Well on the 6th June he registered Straya Limited at Companies House so he would only do this if he was to have future "Business Interests" in the UK. 

Edited by SJA

31 minutes ago, SJA said:

Well on the 6th June he registered Straya Limited at Companies House so he would only do this if he was to have future "Business Interests" in the UK. 

Registered like a true Brit :D

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2023 at 2:46 PM, Big Al said:

He was talking a couple of years ago about wanting to sell that place, that buying it had been a mistake and it is very vulnerable to flooding. Don't know if he actually did. Seem to recall seeing something about his in-laws now having a place in South Humberside, so it could be Scunthorpe's now his "local" UK track?

His mum and grandma and various aunts and uncles still live in the Scunthorpe area -which is now North Lincolnshire, as  Humberside was abolished decades ago.