British Speedway Forum

Danyon hulme replaces Richie worrall 

next year - rd 1 Ipswich,  rd 2 Kings Lynn, rd 3 Belle Vue. 3 reasonably well attended meetings and no excuses Do it over 3/4 nights

On 8/12/2023 at 8:02 AM, Wee Eck said:

Talk about entitled. Does he really think that the views of a top league second string and lower league third ranked heat leader will make the sports authorities change what has been for donkey’s years a one off event, albeit some years had qualifiers? And why leave it until four days before the event to make his grand gesture?

The days of vast numbers turning out regularly for individual events are long gone so he must either be making too much money to be in need of an extra pay day or else has something else on and is trying to weasel out of this commitment in a way that masks the reality - he’s letting Leicester and Plymouth supporters down. 

It is not an extra payday, it costs to do the meeting unless you reach top four. As for pulling out late, he only found out when they did the draw that he was in it. Scotty has pulled out as well, but no comments on here,  speedway is imploding in the UK and everyone wants to carry on as it were. It will be too late very soon.Riders need to be more involved in decision making and ideas. We cannot afford 2 min clocks to keep meetings moving but we can have transponders that will bring the fans back in their thousands (sarcasm).

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

It is not an extra payday, it costs to do the meeting unless you reach top four. As for pulling out late, he only found out when they did the draw that he was in it. Scotty has pulled out as well, but no comments on here,  speedway is imploding in the UK and everyone wants to carry on as it were. It will be too late very soon.Riders need to be more involved in decision making and ideas. We cannot afford 2 min clocks to keep meetings moving but we can have transponders that will bring the fans back in their thousands (sarcasm).

What would it costs to be in the meeting and what are the pay rates?

57 minutes ago, ch958 said:

next year - rd 1 Ipswich,  rd 2 Kings Lynn, rd 3 Belle Vue. 3 reasonably well attended meetings and no excuses Do it over 3/4 nights

No thanks 1 off British finals work perfect 

• Like 2

Just look at Poland they changed from one-off final to three round series and they have nothing but problems now and it has lost much of its appeal. 

Keep the British Final as a one-off final, that's the best

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

The "Winner" withdraws

Edited by bellevueace

So this the state the sport’s got into in the UK; the British Final and some riders deciding it’s not worth their while riding in it. Well as someone who has supported this event in the past ( at considerable cost as I live nearly 200 miles from the track) I don’t think it’s worth my time going to watch it. I don’t know what the criteria for riding in the final is but Lambert & Woffinden should be in it as well as  that would surely bring in a few hundred more bums on seats.

Riders should be supporting these events if they want the sport to continue in this country thus enabling them to continue earning a living doing the thing they love the most.

• Like 2

https://www.bellevue-speedway.com/blog/latest-news-2/meeting-preview-2023-sports-insure-british-final-143

I am sure this will be a great meeting, and I really can not understand the negative attitude of some of the BSF members. Come on give it a go and make it an event to enjoy. A big crowd and great atmosphere at the stadium could show the riders like Woffinden and Lambert that the British Final is a meeting not to be missed. A more positive approach can change many things around. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Be nice if there was some official word on this, eh?

On 8/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Weather looks horrific for Monday. 

got 2 weeks till Cardiff to sort a wildcard 

I'm surprised they didn't learn from last year & hold the British Final early enough to allow a re-staging before Cardiff if postponed?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2023 at 8:20 AM, arnieg said:

Done on 1 August green sheets (Prem) I believe. But it does seem unreasonable that the under 21 champion doesn't get a place.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:36 AM, castrolargh said:

As for u21 winner, I think the reward should be a place in the British final, with a total of maybe 8 seeded and the rest from semi finals, to give more riders a chance of pulling off a shock

I would have to disagree with the British U21 Champion being seeded to the final, it's supposed to be for the top 16 Brits (who want to ride), of they are good enough they'll qualify.

You could get a situation where the 16th best rider is a 22 year old, not getting picked as he was too old to compete in the U-21s.

I would certainly prefer qualifiers to decide the finalists, that would be my priority far before having a 3 round series.

4 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

The riders new in July so that's not true.  Also Scott told them he wasn't riding this year hence he wasn't in the line up announced on 1st August.

57 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Be nice if there was some official word on this, eh?

They did tweet this about 9 hours ago from the official address, although Worrall told the BSN audience on Friday night he wasn't doing it. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

It is not an extra payday, it costs to do the meeting unless you reach top four. 

So Worrall's proposal of three/four meetings will just cost the riders more

• Like 2