British Speedway Forum

The meeting is an absolute joke, and I don't mean to insult the riders that are competing.
It's going out on Discovery+/Eurosport for the world to see, and will make us a bigger laughing stock than we already are.

I would image admission and programme prices have been increased, and even if I lived in Manchester, I wouldn't bother to attend this one.

Just my opinion though, and I'm sure many will disagree.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I’m up just outside Glossop and the weather is awful and it’s supposed to get worse during the day! Won’t be surprised to see the MEETING OFF post soon. 

1 minute ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m up just outside Glossop and the weather is awful and it’s supposed to get worse during the day! Won’t be surprised to see the MEETING OFF post soon. 

Could be a blessing in disguise so they can move to get a proper line up for the restaging - which is highly doubtful!

Would imagine it'll mean Brennan as WC for Cardiff if it doesn't go ahead

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rain stopped this morning and no more due till a possible shower around 4/5 which won’t be heavy. There’s not a worry that the weather will cause a postponement for me. 

But even I’m finding it hard to make the effort to go. And the only reason I will is because I’d have to drop the mrs off who works there otherwise I’d be at home watching Utd. 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Rain stopped this morning and no more due till a possible shower around 4/5 which won’t be heavy. There’s not a worry that the weather will cause a postponement for me. 

But even I’m finding it hard to make the effort to go. And the only reason I will is because I’d have to drop the mrs off who works there otherwise I’d be at home watching Utd. 

It's chucking down in north Manchester.  BBC and phone weather app has it raining all day, met office as you say rain around 5, they are normally right, but they are saying it's dry now and it isn't so who knows.

Edited by SUPERACE

Hammering down in Stockport...

About 5 miles away from the track...

All morning its been raining...

3 minutes ago, DJC said:

Would imagine it'll mean Brennan as WC for Cardiff if it doesn't go ahead

Think it will go ahead.

Weather has been bad in Manchester overnight and this morning.  But it's forecast to stop about 11am and dry all afternoon and evening except for a shower around 4-5pm.

40 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Line up is becoming a joke. 

How can the British U21 Champion who is more than holding his own in the CL be left out given the withdrawals? 

Given Bailey is also the Rising Star at Belle Vue his little bit ot track knowledge and with recent form he could be a spoiler in some heats. 

BSPA/SCB are doing their best to kill the sport

I am waiting by the phone...

Do they make XXL Kevlars? ;)

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I am waiting by the phone...

Do they make XXL Kevlars? ;)

Got a feeling Schlein isn't riding either as wolves Facebook saying best of luck to just Worrall and Flint for tonight.

Just now, Wolfie456 said:

Got a feeling Schlein isn't riding either as wolves Facebook saying best of luck to just Worrall and Flint for tonight.

Yes, he has pulled out...

Injured...

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Yes, he has pulled out...

Injured...

That's almost a quarter of the field dropped out, and it's not midday yet.

14 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

That's almost a quarter of the field dropped out, and it's not midday yet.

Injuries can't be helped, but the quality of replacements can be

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Thats my plan, was going to make a 6hr round trip but with the riders on show it doesn’t seem worth it. I can’t believe they don't invite woffy / lambert, everyone knows there are no real rules for qualification & the reason they don’t invite those 2 is purely because they’re salty they don't ride in this country. Would be understandable if there was a plethora of other, similar ability riders available but there simply isn't. Add on top of that is a one off final, they should be putting out the best line up possible to sell the event.

• Like 2