British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, eric i said:

Tai will get critised either way, if he rides hes only doing it when its convenient for him, if he doesn't ride he is shunning British speedway. 

Err until it suited him he did shun British Speedway just like Lambert

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NickB said:

Rain torrential in Stockport right now!

That must be a real worry for the BSPA - They will have to think(???) about possibly choosing a wild card for Cardiff

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Are we getting to the stage that Justin Elkins will get the nod over Anders Rowe? 

Bailey should be in over Rowe 

• Like 4

Absolute monsoon in central Manchester been relentless for 15mins now + no sign of easing off. 

A fair portion of the main stand tickets are gone so a decent (ish) crowd should be there..

Weather brightening up too...

The negativity on here is unbelievable...Dan Bewley coming in for some uncalled for comments, people moan when top class riders dont ride here, yet when they do they cop abuse! Belle Vue is by far the best track to hold this event at.....instead of the negativity turn the glass up the other way round!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Err until it suited him he did shun British Speedway just like Lambert

shunned British speedway, or actually made the most of his career?

• Like 5

Surely the Precedence was set last year with Adam Ellis been named wildcard because he didn't get the chance in the covid years, If tonights rained off then Tom Brennan should get the wildcard as he missed out last year been runner up in the Final as it was held after Cardiff due to the original been called off.

No doubt they'll give it to Ellis again though as he's the one whose face usually fits.

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

You only have to see the positive impact Woffy has had on the two attendance's since riding over here, to see what a great opportunity it would be to have him and Robert Lambert in this meeting..

And, whilst you have two of the top three (by far), British riders not competing, it 1 million percent reduces the kudos of victory for who gets crowned tonight..

I am not going as the field doesn't excite me, and it is on TV so already paid for it..

However. If I could have envisaged a final with Dan, Tai and Robert in, plus head to head races through the 20 qualifying heats, then I, and I suspect many, many others, would have been there, no question...

You allow Australians to riide, (insert your own Woffy joke here:rolleyes:), and invite Div 2 second strings/reserves along to "make up the numbers' (no disrespect intended to any of them obviously)...

Yet you dont go out of your way to attract a third of the worlds top nine GP riiders.....?

What an opportunity to deliver a British Final worthy of the name, I suspect there wont be too many more years when this nation has 3 of the worlds best riders eligible to ride for its National title.... 

And, going back to " all our yesterdays", even in the "halcyon days" we didn't have 3 British riders at such a level too many times...

collins louis simmons jessup lee kennett davis

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Surely the Precedence was set last year with Adam Ellis been named wildcard because he didn't get the chance in the covid years, If tonights rained off then Tom Brennan should get the wildcard as he missed out last year been runner up in the Final as it was held after Cardiff due to the original been called off.

No doubt they'll give it to Ellis again though as he's the one whose face usually fits.

If they have to nominate then HARRIS IS THE MAN!  

18 minutes ago, therefused said:

shunned British speedway, or actually made the most of his career?

Definitely made the most, fair play to him made/making top money in what is really a short career. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Yeah good shout because the guy wasn't fit last year. 

Of course he knew that but still wanted the thrill of doing a GP and in doing so denied a fit rider the chance. 

If Adam Hellish gets a wild card questions have to be asked

Brennan would be a fair call in my opinion

• Like 1