Leicester vs Peterborough 06/07/23 PREMIERSHIP R2

47 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Getting ready for the Panthers Facebook post bingo 

• Just be thankful we have a club

•They are trying

•Nobody forces you to go

•There are no other riders available 

Poor effort...

Do you put the king air fence up, or clean the rubbish house, pick the up the crap left after a meeting.... Oh no you just wanna pay £22 and watch good speedway. 

If Buster had said that .... :blink: CJ or MT, hold on, we might need them..

Edited by Bald Bloke

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

Sedgy hit the deck coming out of turn 2 lap one, ran out of space. Tarasenko went back into the pits while Sedgy was receiving attention, the other 2 stayed on the track. Then the ref put all 4 back in. Can you declare an unsatisfactory start when riders are coming out of bend 2?

Yes, all down to whether the referee deemed someone had gained an advantage. Even if a rider rolls or anticipates the start but comes out 4th, they will still be deemed as "gaining an advantage" if another rider falls. 

It's all referees discretion 

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed the meeting, second time at Leicestet this season & on behalf of the paying public I would like to thank Mr Jarvis for having the balls to exclude Iversen in HT15 for delaying the start.

If more refs did this I'm sure riders would stop arsing around & it would give us fans one less thing to moan about

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SJA said:

I enjoyed the meeting, second time at Leicestet this season & on behalf of the paying public I would like to thank Mr Jarvis for having the balls to exclude Iversen in HT15 for delaying the start.

If more refs did this I'm sure riders would stop arsing around & it would give us fans one less thing to moan about

I think most people at the meeting would agree with you from the comments I heard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

Getting ready for the Panthers Facebook post bingo 

• Just be thankful we have a club

•They are trying

•Nobody forces you to go

•There are no other riders available 

Why don't you buy the club if you could do better is always one that makes me laugh 

• Haha 3

I know we got well beaten tonight, but if the panthers folded I couldn't go and watch Leicester at this track, little overtaking and no dirt on it.

7 hours ago, Hackney said:

I know we got well beaten tonight, but if the panthers folded I couldn't go and watch Leicester at this track, little overtaking and no dirt on it.

The Leicester riders had no problem overtaking.  The reason there was less than on my previous visit was how uncompetitive the away team were.

8 hours ago, Hackney said:

Why don't you buy the club if you could do better is always one that makes me laugh 

Because there's nothing to buy it he'll hand it over that's a different conversation for people 

8 hours ago, Hackney said:

The Leicester track seems have taken quite a step backwards this year in my opinion. It's not been the same since the "improvements" over the close season and more often than not this season I have gone home covered in dust!

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poor effort...

Do you put the king air fence up, or clean the rubbish house, pick the up the crap left after a meeting.... Oh no you just wanna pay £22 and watch good speedway. 

If Buster had said that .... :blink: CJ or MT, hold on, we might need them..

The only crap left after each meeting are the so called 7 riders which we are unfortunately forced to watch for our £22.00.

• Haha 1

Poor night from a Panthers team that little has gone right for from the start of the season but I do agree with Rob Lyon that you do need other things to be right for a good night of speedway and the first of those is a decent track.

The Leicester track was a disgrace, super slick, dry and dusty and produced little passing after bends one and two of the opening lap, it was exactly the same for the Pairs last week so clearly that’s the norm.

Jarvis also had a poor meeting with some very strange decisions ( especially the farce in heat 6) and making a point of excluding Iversen in heat 15 for delaying the start when all 14 riders had done exactly the same for the previous 14 races was frankly ridiculous.

I observed all the riders off their bikes at the start trying to establish a decent start, surely if you wanted to make a point the first four heats would have been the time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

The Leicester track seems have taken quite a step backwards this year in my opinion. It's not been the same since the "improvements" over the close season and more often than not this season I have gone home covered in dust!

Possibly because passing at Leicester is fairly reliant on riders making mistakes and in the PL simply fewer riders make mistakes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

Possibly because passing at Leicester is fairly reliant on riders making mistakes and in the PL simply fewer riders make mistakes.

also less mistakes made on a smoother track with no bumps and holes

56 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Poor night from a Panthers team that little has gone right for from the start of the season but I do agree with Rob Lyon that you do need other things to be right for a good night of speedway and the first of those is a decent track.

The Leicester track was a disgrace, super slick, dry and dusty and produced little passing after bends one and two of the opening lap, it was exactly the same for the Pairs last week so clearly that’s the norm.

Jarvis also had a poor meeting with some very strange decisions ( especially the farce in heat 6) and making a point of excluding Iversen in heat 15 for delaying the start when all 14 riders had done exactly the same for the previous 14 races was frankly ridiculous.

I observed all the riders off their bikes at the start trying to establish a decent start, surely if you wanted to make a point the first four heats would have been the time.

Riders are allowed off their bike. But ignoring the Start Marshal's requests to join the other three riders at the start is delaying the start. Ignoring the flashing green light is delaying the start.  The fans around me welcomed the decision. A man in a Peterborough top in ear shot remarked about bloody time, he's been doing it all season. At least the Leicester Start Marshal appears to know the rules unlike our lot.

Edited by SJA

9 minutes ago, SJA said:

Riders are allowed off their bike. But ignoring the Start Marshal's requests to join the other three riders at the start is delaying the start. Ignoring the flashing green light is delaying the start.  The fans around me welcomed the decision. A man in a Peterborough top in ear shot remarked about bloody time, he's been doing it all season. At least the Leicester Start Marshal appears to know the rules unlike our lot.

If only Leicesters budget extended to a clock...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jhering-Timing-Running-Countdown-Digital/dp/B09LHW5P2R/ref=sr_1_117?crid=1ABHH8MZTQQ1V&keywords=large+timer+for+classroom&qid=1688720484&sprefix=large+timer%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-117