British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Peterborough 06/07/23 PREMIERSHIP R2

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Correct, it was stopped because a rider fell & the rider at fault from the tapes gained an advantage. The referee chose the unsatisfactory start option & called all four back. 

It's not hard to grasp, it is an option to the referee's. 

So if it was an unsatisfactory start, Tarasenko should have been excluded for leaving the track as he returned into the pits, if it wasn't Sedgmen should have gone for being the primary cause of the stoppage

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, iainb said:

So if it was an unsatisfactory start, Tarasenko should have been excluded for leaving the track as he returned into the pits, if it wasn't Sedgmen should have gone for being the primary cause of the stoppage

I've already stated, Sedgmen went back to the pits because of the fall which allows all rider's to return. Tarasenko got lucky, had Sedgmen not needed to go back to the pits Tarasenko would have been excluded. 

17 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I've already stated, Sedgmen went back to the pits because of the fall which allows all rider's to return. Tarasenko got lucky, had Sedgmen not needed to go back to the pits Tarasenko would have been excluded. 

Well... looking at the official SCB score card it looks like heat 6 wasn't called an unsatisfactory start as if it was, the rules state:

"The Referee will give a warning to any rider deemed to have been the cause 
of or contributed to the unsatisfactory start.
This will be communicated verbally by the Referee to the rider concerned 
via the start marshal or clerk of course before the race is started."

According to the SCB card there were 3 starting offences 2 x Worrall & 1 x NKI.

So if it wasn't an unsatisfactory start somebody should have been disqualified for being the primary cause of the stoppage. 

... just trying to understand the rules :)

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:40 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Correct, it was stopped because a rider fell & the rider at fault from the tapes gained an advantage. The referee chose the unsatisfactory start option & called all four back. 

It's not hard to grasp, it is an option to the referee's. 

I've just read Iainb's reply - it's all very confusing.  

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Thanks for confirming it was declared an unsatisfactory start.

I'm not sure it was though

Just now, Roger Jacobs said:

Thanks - I've just edited my reply!

One thing's for sure... confusion rules the day :D

On 7/7/2023 at 3:03 PM, W9 Lion said:

Two seasons ago I remember watch NKI get excluded for 2 mins in the Swedish at his home track that has a countdown clock.

The stopwatch on my wrist is for my benefit so I am fair to all riders, A riders knows when they are short on time as they are told by the Start Marshal at Leicester. NKI choose to ignore this and the following instructions including the ref flashing the green light twice. The only person who deprved the paying public of the oppositons main man was the rider.

Wayne Jarvis by his decision to exclude NKI delayed the meeting even more and made heat 15 a virtual non event bearing in mind FRICKE was unbeaten and Lawson had only been beaten once by NKI.

Common sense should have been applied, supporters go to watch speedway not referees making poor decisions 

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Wayne Jarvis by his decision to exclude NKI delayed the meeting even more and made heat 15 a virtual non event bearing in mind FRICKE was unbeaten and Lawson had only been beaten once by NKI.

Common sense should have been applied, supporters go to watch speedway not referees making poor decisions 

The overall consensus of opinion seems to differ from yours. Iversen only just beat the two minutes exclusion, and then proceeded to ignore the Referee and Start Marshall prompts to be ready to race.

How long should he have been given? Another minute..two minutes...?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The poor decision would have been to allow NKI to race.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The overall consensus of opinion seems to differ from yours. Iversen only just beat the two minutes exclusion, and then proceeded to ignore the Referee and Start Marshall prompts to be ready to race.

How long should he have been given? Another minute..two minutes...?

It baffles me how the very same riders can follow all orders in Poland, then, sometimes the very next day, ignore them over here..

I can only presume it is down to the threat of any consequence being more unlikely..

Let's hope all refs follow this one, and all remain consistent in approach..

If they do, very quickly, meetings will run much smoother..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

It baffles me how the very same riders can follow all orders in Poland, then, sometimes the very next day, ignore them over here..

I can only presume it is down to the threat of any consequence being more unlikely..

He's not got to "guess" how long of the 2 mins is left in Poland ;)

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Couldnt agree more.

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

He's not got to "guess" how long of the 2 mins is left in Poland ;)

They need to get that red, blue, white and yellow strip for the bikes to leave from together at every meeting...

Then they would all know they have two mins from then...

A huge step forward for the sport in this country that strip thing...

Nailing the priority issues....:D