British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

07.07.2023 - Scunthorpe v Edinburgh CDCh

Never seen such uneven gates. If you’re off gate 2 you may as well no bother coming out unless you’re Ryan Douglas.

Well it's taken until heat 8 for the track to dry out enough to get some decent racing.

17 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Well it's taken until heat 8 for the track to dry out enough to get some decent racing.

And we had the rotten gate 2 the whole time basically. 

Don’t think the ref is even watching at the starts can basically roll as much as you want as mountain and Allen both got away with can even touch them in cooks case and it just gets called back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

And we had the rotten gate 2 the whole time basically. 

Don’t think the ref is even watching at the starts can basically roll as much as you want as mountain and Allen both got away with can even touch them in cooks case and it just gets called back. 

Especially heat 13. Only one he did bring back (heat 3 I think) penalised the Monarchs with Kye way out front.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Especially heat 13. Only one he did bring back (heat 3 I think) penalised the Monarchs with Kye way out front.

Wait he’s just spotted one in heat 15. Shame it now doesn’t matter.

2 hours ago, eide67 said:

Wouldn’t of mattered if your boys had a roller and flew out of the gate flying Ryan would of still hunted you down and won 

• Like 1

heat1 57.64,  2)58.85   3)58.77  4)58.42  5)  59.09   6)58.09   7)59.46  8)Didn't catch the time .   9)58.24    10)58.20  11)59.11   12)59.34     13)59.25     14)59.49   15)58.18  

41 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Wouldn’t of mattered if your boys had a roller and flew out of the gate flying Ryan would of still hunted you down and won 

I think it might have. Cookie in 13 and Picko in 15 both closed on Ryan and made attempts to pass him.

Anyway it was Allen who got the roller in heat 13 and even then may have been caught on the line by Picko for third, but the ref didn't see that either.

Great meeting from heat 8 onwards with Lasse in heat 8 and the very impressive Zach Cook in heat 14 passing both opposition riders for the win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eide67 said:

I think it might have. Cookie in 13 and Picko in 15 both closed on Ryan and made attempts to pass him.

Anyway it was Allen who got the roller in heat 13 and even then may have been caught on the line by Picko for third, but the ref didn't see that either.

Great meeting from heat 8 onwards with Lasse in heat 8 and the very impressive Zach Cook in heat 14 passing both opposition riders for the win.

I thought ref got it right with Allen where I was,by a bee’s dick, anyway good comeback by Edinburgh but unfortunately not 30 heats to contest for win, scorpions too strong both meetings and good guest with ausie Cook having a go as all ausies do 

By no means a classic but the boys got the job done! Special mentions to Bastian Borke and Lasse Fredriksen, you guys were worth the admission!

For anyone that bought the stream, we can only apologise as right at the start we lost our internet signal, we hope that you still managed to catch the racing!

Team spirit in the camp seems to be a high going into the cup semi next week, hopefully be a good one!

Final massive shout out to the Monarchs fans in the crowd, hope you enjoyed the evening

• Like 2

7 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Pickering. 1 win from 6.

Cook. 1 win from 4.

Inadequate.

I'm Cook's defence after his first ride (after which he may have sussed out the track) he only lost to Douglas!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Pickering. 1 win from 6.

Cook. 1 win from 4.

Inadequate.

Hey GL, how goes it ? Never occured to me to meet up with the Monarchs fans & look up your good self, that said I guess I 'went over to the dark side' as I'm also pally with a Glasgow fan :o.  Still it's all speedway ain't it & Pickering, Borke, Fredriksen & also Cook (after 1st ride) took the fight to the Scorps but - insufficient back-up.  Still, some good racing though with some outside blasts, enjoyed it :D....