British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Latvian GP Riga Saturday 12th August

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

We seen it all before with Drabik, Smektala and Kubera. They are good riders but not at the level many thought they would be after they left the under 21 brigade. Kvech is another that is finding life difficult with the big boys. Not they won't make the top, but it often takes longer time then some want to see. Cierniak in two years time may be good, but the way Zmarzlik rides today I think Cierniak will be some way behind.

Indeed. Look at Leon Madsen - was already 30 when he became a GP regular. Or Lindgren heading for a career best finish at age 38.

At the other end Crump, Woffinden and Artem Laguta all struggled when they were introduced to the GP relatively early.

Edited by arnieg

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

We seen it all before with Drabik, Smektala and Kubera. They are good riders but not at the level many thought they would be after they left the under 21 brigade. Kvech is another that is finding life difficult with the big boys. Not they won't make the top, but it often takes longer time then some want to see. Cierniak in two years time may be good, but the way Zmarzlik rides today I think Cierniak will be some way behind.

Kubera is getting there had the nasty injury at the beginning of the season which cost him.Didn’t look out of place in WTC

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

i've seen enough in Cierniak to think he'll be better than the others you mentioned after he's moved out of U21, i think he's a Polish Darcy Ward

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Nice shots!

Did you not get the Anders Thomsen crash?

yeah, not putting them online though, i was not far from where he landed

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stevehone said:

yeah, not putting them online though, i was not far from where he landed

Fair enough :)