British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2 (U21) Riga Friday August 11th

41 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

What team did team manager Vatcher ride for during his speedway career? Are any British top riders in attendance offering encouragement?

Even as a Poole fan, he was bit of a handful. He actually knocked me down the steps at Wimborne Road when he was being a pr*ck and jumping around...

• Haha 1

Just now, chunky said:

Even as a Poole fan, he was bit of a handful. He actually knocked me down the steps at Wimborne Road when he was being a pr*ck and jumping around...

Thanks. Thought it was just me who recognised him as an FCW. Was he not in charge at Arena Essex and showed himself to a total dip stick? Still the powers that be hold him in high esteem and rank him amongst the great managers in British speedway who no one recognises and would not p... on him if he was on fire. Louis or someone with experience and credibility needs to get a grip and take control of these young chargers if GB is to be successful. Where are the GB Grand Prix riders and why are they not helping these guys.

The racing has confirmed that I'll be watching the football tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pathetic from GB. Not sure why Vatcher is in charge either. Hardly motivational or someone who can pass on any knowledge.

Worrying the lack of talent. Rowe the best but has a horrible style on the bike. Kemp & Gilkes a complete waste of time. Soft & weak on track. Where was the British u21 champion, Bailey, who is better than both?

Who on earth chose this track for a GP?! Way too narrow & track breaking up. Not in for a classic tomorrow.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

Vatcher is part of the management team who all believe that he is gods gift to speedway. Still not sure if he ever rode a speedway bike and certainly he would have trouble inspiring paint to dry. Speedway in the U.K. needs a severe kick up the arse and putting pillocks  like this in charge only confirms why the sport is on its knees. Come on Vatcher get on this forum and justify your position and explain your actions. I will not expect to see a response from you or the other clowns who run speedway in the U.K. Still waiting to hear where Woffinden and Bewley were. Poland’s best can turn up but I guess it is beneath the current crop of GP riders.sums up speedway in the U.K., look after number one and sod the rest of the potential talent

• Like 2

Vatcher's not the beat man for the u21s but for many years he's the only guy willing to do it. He's always been happy to step aside if someone better comes forward but they haven't. 

In terms of rider's coming through, we have absolutely nothing to offer at u21 level. After Lambert & Bewley, GBs future are in an appalling position. 

Was really noticeable how the other teams had their "A" management team there and a sprinkling of riders from their senior squad. We had no senior riders and Neil Vatcher.

Vatcher should be left to develop the next Simon Lambert's and leave the championship management to the big boys

Edited by iainb

Rather embarrassing to finish plum last, yeah fully expected the Poles to run away with it but thought the Brits would be up there fighting for at least 3rd with Denmark or Australia or finish 4th at worst, can't even out score Latvia:blink: