British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British GP Cardiff Saturday 2nd September

Amazing article on the Speedway GP website regarding preparations for the 2023 Cardiff GP. The shale is being analysed in a Newport Laboratory to ensure A 1 conditions on the day. I wonder if that is a spin on someone feeling under the tarp to ensure no water ingress !! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I don't think the very hot weather helped with the track last year...... September should be cooler.

A wider track should benefit the racing, especially the straights.

On 7/7/2023 at 4:24 PM, racers and royals said:

Amazing article on the Speedway GP website regarding preparations for the 2023 Cardiff GP. The shale is being analysed in a Newport Laboratory to ensure A 1 conditions on the day. I wonder if that is a spin on someone feeling under the tarp to ensure no water ingress !! 

Mind you, the whole article could be condensed into one line.

An unidentified lab has been given an unexplained testing task on the shale and then Ole will build the track in exactly same way he has done for years (including last year).

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

What about back to London in future. West Ham’s London Stadium would be perfect. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4

Slightly off topic, but is anyone having trouble with the E-tickets from See Tickets? my app crashed and on reinstalling it, it says there are no tickets for this event. I've tried contacting customer service and all it does is send you an email confirming the order and saying the tickets will be dispatched about a week before the event. Now as far as I know, there are no paper tickets for Cardiff so I'm at a loss as what to do. Does anyone have any ideas?

3 hours ago, erniew said:

Slightly off topic, but is anyone having trouble with the E-tickets from See Tickets? my app crashed and on reinstalling it, it says there are no tickets for this event. I've tried contacting customer service and all it does is send you an email confirming the order and saying the tickets will be dispatched about a week before the event. Now as far as I know, there are no paper tickets for Cardiff so I'm at a loss as what to do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for pointing this out,  I've checked and I have the same issue - tickets were there but now not.

Contacted see tickets and they have said:

Thank you for contacting See Tickets.

Tickets not being visible in the app is a temporary issue that the relevant team is aware of.

It should be fixed within a few business days and your tickets will be visible again before the event.

Edited by Noodles

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

There is an RMT strike on the 2nd of September so if travelling by train your journey could be affected.

I believe Transport for Wales services should be unaffected this year as the welsh government did a deal. However GWR services through Cardiff and other TOCs will be affected.

2 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

I believe Transport for Wales services should be unaffected this year as the welsh government did a deal. However GWR services through Cardiff and other TOCs will be affected.

That's the problem as it's like the overtime ban strikes various rail workers are carrying out.

Nobody knows which trains or services may be affected, until too late in the day.

11 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

The 14 train firms affected are:

Avanti West Coast

c2c

Chiltern Railways

Cross Country Trains

East Midlands Railway

Great Western Railway

Greater Anglia

LNER

Northern Trains

South Eastern

South Western Railway

Transpennine Express

West Midlands Trains and GTR (including Gatwick Express)

On 8/10/2023 at 11:56 AM, Noodles said:

Thanks for pointing this out,  I've checked and I have the same issue - tickets were there but now not.

Contacted see tickets and they have said:

Thank you for contacting See Tickets.

Tickets not being visible in the app is a temporary issue that the relevant team is aware of.

It should be fixed within a few business days and your tickets will be visible again before the event.

Same issue here. My tickets are still unavailable.