British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

British GP Cardiff Saturday 2nd September

1 hour ago, Moonfish said:

Its a scheme offering members of the blue light community (i.e NHS and emergency service staff) free tickets to sporting events, concerts etc.

Thanks 

I've been very fortunate to be given the Cardiff Full Throttle in the Royal Box hospitality package by a group of friends for my 60th birthday. I have the ticket in my See Ticket app but there's no information in terms of timings for the day. Does anyone have any details of where I need to be and when or can suggest who I could contact to confirm as I've not been able to find either? Any help greatfully appreciated. Many thanks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dukiedesmo said:

I've been very fortunate to be given the Cardiff Full Throttle in the Royal Box hospitality package by a group of friends for my 60th birthday. I have the ticket in my See Ticket app but there's no information in terms of timings for the day. Does anyone have any details of where I need to be and when or can suggest who I could contact to confirm as I've not been able to find either? Any help greatfully appreciated. Many thanks.

I don`t know for sure but i would think the early entry would be from 3pm with the meal commencing around that time- my best suggestion would be to send an email to WBD sports at 

mailto:sportscomms@discovery.com and hopefully will be able to give more information for you.

That's great, thank you. I've dropped them an email so I'll see what response I get.....

Really appreciate your help. 

Edited by dukiedesmo

15 hours ago, Moonfish said:

Its a scheme offering members of the blue light community (i.e NHS and emergency service staff) free tickets to sporting events, concerts etc.

Does this mean there will be 2 ambulances in attendance :D

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, dukiedesmo said:

That's great, thank you. I've dropped them an email so I'll see what response I get.....

Really appreciate your help. 

Make sure you take advantage of the pit entry part of the package- it’s a real insight to how a GP operates.

• Like 2

I notice the time stated on the ticket header in the wallet gives the time as 3.30 I'm assuming that's the time the stadium opens for a 5.00pm start.

23 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Make sure you take advantage of the pit entry part of the package- it’s a real insight to how a GP operates.

or just ask Phil Morris.:t:

i'll be surprised if we still have Cardiff and Torun in next years calendar

20 minutes ago, markandrew23 said:

Will the qualifying session be on Friday and are the public allowed in to watch ?

I have already posted the time of qualifying on the Friday on this thread- as for whether it’s open to the general public- pass.

16 hours ago, stevehone said:

Probably right with Cardiff...interesting if Discovery have an opt-out clause in their contract...how the series misses the light accomplished touch of Paul Bellamy

• Like 2

On 8/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, stevehone said:

why would they drop Torun?

Would have been interesting to see how Chris Harris's dream of a Cardiff wild card would have squared with his dream of becoming World Longtrack Champion as the Britsh GP clashes with the penultimate round of the Longtrack series, a problem he fortunately doesn't have. Shame really as he was in vintage form around the EoES last night!

• Like 1