British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 12/7/23 CL

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Are you thinking of someone else? Looks like he missed one visit to Poole out of eight for the three seasons he rode for Lynn that they were in the same league as Poole, and that was due to an injury.

Maybe then. Could have sworn it was TJ though. Would have been 2018/2019 seasons. 

53 minutes ago, K7KDD said:

image.png.22a1f6a1e6fd12f454d9781b64b0a3e5.png

Oh look a picture of the Plymouth track. Oh wait, no Plymouth is much smaller than a roundabout. 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh look a picture of the Plymouth track. Oh wait, no Plymouth is much smaller than a roundabout. 

Here is one roundabout is even smaller than Plymouth......racing round this one is still more exciting than at Poole though....its got at least two racing lines and everything.............

image.png.4ff3304ebcf2e41d8fa17bd4a7e4aaf7.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe then. Could have sworn it was TJ though. Would have been 2018/2019 seasons. 

Don’t like saying you’re in the wrong do you

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Are you thinking of someone else? Looks like he missed one visit to Poole out of eight for the three seasons he rode for Lynn that they were in the same league as Poole, and that was due to an injury.

Just doubled checked it (which I should have done in the first place - but I was 99% sure it was him!) So assuming he didn't have a guest in for him (Lynn have used a lot of guests at Poole over the years!) Then yes I must have got him confused with someone else. Sorry TJ! 

I might look into see who I am thinking of if I have a boring afternoon at some point. I will interested to know who it is now! 

• Haha 1

Poole gaters to hit 60 though Schlein might go ok being a gated himself as long as he avoids the notorious Poole ruts as well

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/8/2023 at 1:06 PM, lisa-colette said:

Well we better be careful what with Captain Hook in town to steal our treasure! 

Been a while since TJ been at Poole as he always used to be 'ill' when Lynn were down. So be interesting to see if he turns up and if so what he scores! They also pushed Oxford hard until last 3 heats so not to be written off! 

THJ is a racer so the Poole track won’t play to his strengths at all 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

THJ is a racer so the Poole track won’t play to his strengths at all 

I think THJ is still banned!? Do you mean TJ?:party:

• Like 1

Lots of comments across these posts about the Poole track but if all the fans know what it is like surely these riders who ride tracks for a living should adjust their bikes to fly away at the start like Poole are said to do.Not sure our track is as bad as certain people make out otherwise Poole wouldn't get such big crowds as no one wants to watch processions every week.Darcy,Chris and Magic were racers was the track that different when they were riding Wimborne Road every week or back further when Super Simmo,Ron Preston were flying round the track.

8 hours ago, Essex said:

Lots of comments across these posts about the Poole track but if all the fans know what it is like surely these riders who ride tracks for a living should adjust their bikes to fly away at the start like Poole are said to do.Not sure our track is as bad as certain people make out otherwise Poole wouldn't get such big crowds as no one wants to watch processions every week.Darcy,Chris and Magic were racers was the track that different when they were riding Wimborne Road every week or back further when Super Simmo,Ron Preston were flying round the track.

I'm pretty sure the track was a lot worse - certainly more holes then - when Magic and the Turbo Twins were kings of Wimborne Road, they just knew where they were and rode through or around them, as did many regular visiting riders.

Edited by Skidder1

Poole doing a good job on promoting what will be a fairly routine thumping home win. 

How many 5-1's can we get this week will be the most interesting discussion point.

Experienced this once in my speedway spectating "career" with the invincible  Hackney Kestrels. For one season only home meetings were very much a bore unless Galvin missed the start.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Poole doing a good job on promoting what will be a fairly routine thumping home win. 

How many 5-1's can we get this week will be the most interesting discussion point.

Experienced this once in my speedway spectating "career" with the invincible  Hackney Kestrels. For one season only home meetings were very much a bore unless Galvin missed the start.

I think the most interesting discussion point is likely to be how many times TJ, Flint and former Pirate Schlein can beat current Poole heat leaders Lawson, Worrall and Cook?

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think the most interesting discussion point is likely to be how many times TJ, Flint and former Pirate Schlein can beat current Poole heat leaders Lawson, Worrall and Cook?

They can’t do much worse than Glasgow. I hope the Bandits manage to put up a good fight. But they do look weak. Flint as heat leader shows their strength.

Can't see anything other than a summer breeze past the Bandits for us Pirates. Everyone is in top form at the moment in the Pirates camp & I don't even see Schlein or Flint posing any problems this time around.

Looking due north of 57pts as the Pirates maintain their dominance @ fortress WINborne Road.

C'mon the boyzzzzz :t:

Edited by lbw