British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 12/7/23 CL

Really looking forward to this one, and more than confident the in-form Bandits can push the Pirates all the way. 
Was meant to be making the journey down but my pal has been off work last couple of days with illness, so will have to settle for the stream!

Good luck Bandits!!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

Really looking forward to this one, and more than confident the in-form Bandits can push the Pirates all the way. 
Was meant to be making the journey down but my pal has been off work last couple of days with illness, so will have to settle for the stream!

Good luck Bandits!!

Good positive thoughts again.

• Haha 1

Close but no cigar again for The Bandits I fear, 51-39 

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think it would have been better for 1st Team to have 1st and 3rd  pick and 2nd Team too have 2nd pick.More even group that way. IMO.

And I think anyone with any sense would've chosen the exact same idea.

However the chicken bones didn't land correctly and so this year they've opted for this madness.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 6:15 PM, Skidder1 said:

I think the most interesting discussion point is likely to be how many times TJ, Flint and former Pirate Schlein can beat current Poole heat leaders Lawson, Worrall and Cook?

On 7/10/2023 at 10:17 PM, Bandit59 said:

That's easy none

Schlein wins heat one!

Rory just said Poole track is the best he has seen it since 2004. 'You can race on it..' B)

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Rory just said Poole track is the best he has seen it since 2004. 'You can race on it..' B)

Must be true then 

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Must be true then 

He has ridden it enough times to know! I think the first time he would have ridden Poole would have been 2003. So to say it is the best it has been since 2004 is some statement, esp when track record went in 2006! :D

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I will defer judgement until a racer rather than a gater makes that comment …. Certainly racers like Harris and Basso don’t agree 

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I will defer judgement until a racer rather than a gater makes that comment …. Certainly racers like Harris and Basso don’t agree 

TJ managed to make a pass when he was miles behind at start of one of the races.  But we are talking about this week rather than last week.

Edit - oh look, just seen both Berwick riders make passes in one race. 

Edited by lisa-colette