British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Wolves v Belle Vue 10 July

2 hours ago, ouch said:

As you point out, it’s the football crowd glory hunters that turn up for the play offs and they are soon put in their place by us Aces fans or even removed. 

I’d like to see the same response at Monmore with the regulars there but it’s just accepted, in fact it’s positively encouraged which is sad.

And yet when I challenged one of those 'football glory hunters' (he was wearing MCFC clothing) it was Aces fans who tried to have me  thrown out.

So less of your sanctimonious drivel.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

What have Leicester won with Allen being there exactly 

With comments like that it’s clear that you don’t like Allen, team efforts win cups and lions are all doing there jobs from 1 to 7 which is winning meetings,solid as on any track and heading in the right direction,have you ever rode a motorcycle or raced on ovals mr Mc crackin ? Clearly not !

6 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

With comments like that it’s clear that you don’t like Allen, team efforts win cups and lions are all doing there jobs from 1 to 7 which is winning meetings,solid as on any track and heading in the right direction,have you ever rode a motorcycle or raced on ovals mr Mc crackin ? Clearly not !

Good arguments till you brought up the old boring reply of have you have rode a motorcycle or raced ovals. 

yes I have raced motorbikes. Yes I have raced ovals. No I haven’t raced a speedway bike 

I like Allen. I just dislike you 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arnieg said:

And yet when I challenged one of those 'football glory hunters' (he was wearing MCFC clothing) it was Aces fans who tried to have me  thrown out.

So less of your sanctimonious drivel.

Apologies for the attempt to throw you out, sometimes Aces fans can be a little over zealous when coming down on anti social behaviour. Glad you stepped in, all with your usual tack to diffuse a situation I’m sure  

Nice insult at the end of your post btw. Gave yourself away a bit there. 

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Good arguments till you brought up the old boring reply of have you have rode a motorcycle or raced ovals. 

yes I have raced motorbikes. Yes I have raced ovals. No I haven’t raced a speedway bike 

I like Allen. I just dislike you 

I bet you had a good set of goggles Phil 

5 hours ago, ouch said:

Apologies for the attempt to throw you out, sometimes Aces fans can be a little over zealous when coming down on anti social behaviour. Glad you stepped in, all with your usual tack to diffuse a situation I’m sure  

Nice insult at the end of your post btw. Gave yourself away a bit there. 

The stewards dealt with it well and I'm sure it was an isolated incident. I have made many enjoyable visits to the NSS both before and since.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:34 PM, foreverblue said:

Been to Monmore many times and completely disagree with your comments. 

Exactly. The truth is Monmore is no different to any other track. Some fans will always cheer or boo a fall. 
I’ve heard it at every track I’ve visited. 

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Exactly. The truth is Monmore is no different to any other track. Some fans will always cheer or boo a fall. 

Yes true. My point would be they only cheer or boo because it benefits their team not because they hope the rider or riders are injured,like the gp when Lindgren took out Vaculik in the final.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true. My point would be they only cheer or boo because it benefits their team not because they hope the rider or riders are injured,like the gp when Lindgren took out Vaculik in the final.

Exactly! All clubs have fans that do that. 

On 7/15/2023 at 11:16 PM, stevebrum said:

It is surely a natural reaction in a competitive situation? Fans don’t cheer crashes, just individual fallers when it’s an opposition rider. And rarely, if ever, if it’s a heavy fall. 
The same fans will also be the ones who applaud a fallen rider when he gets back on his feet. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

It is surely a natural reaction in a competitive situation? Fans don’t cheer crashes, just individual fallers when it’s an opposition rider. And rarely, if ever, if it’s a heavy fall. 
The same fans will also be the ones who applaud a fallen rider when he gets back on his feet. 

Precisely. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

That’s the point. Some are trying to say it only happens at Monmore whereas it’s common place at every track for those reasons you perfectly explained.