British Speedway Forum
comet49

Under 21 Final, Glasgow, 16/07/23 2pm

What a final! Yeah, no, for sure!

I thought Dan T had that in the bag, he just rode too conservative though, still a rostrum ain't bad and a good 2 fingers up to everybody that's dropped him this year! :t:

Edited by iainb

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure... there's been some great Speedway racing from heat 1 through to heat 20 today for sure...

Why though in these events when the riders are allowed a new tyre does it take an eternity to fit them? All momentum is lost from the meeting for the sake of 2 races, just when the tension should be building... it's all lost. Why can't they have these tyres ready to use?

You think they would all have spare rear wheels with new tyres fitted just in case, wouldn’t you !

Get real.

We done Bailey but you can't help feeling for Rowe. 

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You think they would all have spare rear wheels with new tyres fitted just in case, wouldn’t you !

Get real.

Yeah, no, for sure... I'd expect that as soon as they knew they were through to the semi or final to start fitting their tyre, why does it take so very long to fit a tyre? 

Got to feel for Anders, 15 point max and does'nt win it. Thats speedway.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure... I'd expect that as soon as they knew they were through to the semi or final to start fitting their tyre, why does it take so very long to fit a tyre? 

The tyre has to be authorised by the ref, then issued, then fitted preferably without nipping the tube, then inflated, then balanced, then fitted to the bike and chain aligned before final adjustment, in the pit bay with everyone waiting….clearly you have never fitted a speedway tyre.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The tyre has to be authorised by the ref, then issued, then fitted preferably without nipping the tube, then inflated, then balanced, then fitted to the bike and chain aligned before final adjustment, in the pit bay with everyone waiting….clearly you have never fitted a speedway tyre.

Yeah, no, for sure, I've not no... they should have 4 tyres and wheels ready to use then surely, you've clearly never stood on the terraces waiting for the final 2 races

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure, I've not no... they should have 4 tyres and wheels ready to use then surely

You really don’t know how it works do you….each rider…all 16 of them , should have a spare wheel and a brand new £45 tyre ( unauthorised ) on it….just in case ? A tyre that if they don’t qualify they can’t use at any other meeting !

Think they know what they are dealing with and you just need to be a bit more patient.

• Like 2

Excellent meeting and a fantastic final. Congratulations to Connor Bailey who, after his first heat, looked unbeatable no matter where he was out of the start. All 4 finalists deserve huge credit and really good to see Dan T return to some great (and very exciting) form - he very nearly won it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah, no, for sure, I've not no... they should have 4 tyres and wheels ready to use then surely, you've clearly never stood on the terraces waiting for the final 2 races

You were watching it on a computer!

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You really don’t know how it works do you….each rider…all 16 of them , should have a spare wheel and a brand new £45 tyre ( unauthorised ) on it….just in case ? A tyre that if they don’t qualify they can’t use at any other meeting !

Think they know what they are dealing with and you just need to be a bit more patient.

Yeah, no, for sure, so there's rain threatening, you've had 20 excellent heats of Speedway all building up to a big semi and final and then you stop for 15 minutes, bring a load of kids out to play on the centre green... that's exactly why the sport will never be anything again in this country. It should all have been about theatre but no somebody has got to put a stamp on a tyre, that if it isn't used could easily be used at the next meeting, I don't really care how it works at the moment, it needs to work better, get with it my friend, the writing is on the wall for the sport in this country, born out by the attendance today. 

Edited by iainb