British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Leicester 20/07/23

They really need to get the track the same or very similar every week, all this chopping and changing helps nobody and isn't really good enough to be honest. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

You could well be right,  but for what its worth i think the racing was as close or closer than most meetings and so was the result .Lamberts first 4 races he didn't ride very well and went too wide letting others pass,but Anders Rowe looked sharp early on and Kye Thompson looked more on the pace as well.The biggest let down in my opinion wasn't the track  it was Thomas Jorgensen,  and his score was probably the biggest single contributing factor to us losing last night, that and NK nearly being fenced, but I won't go on about that 

Personally I think it's Bomber's turnaround in fortunes compared to meeting in June. However, that Leicester team did have Nick Morris instead of Bachelor. I guess it all balances it out. I think overall the better team won, Lynn just weren't able to capitalise on getting in good positions early on in heats.

3 hours ago, castrolargh said:

I think not having that outside line was a blessing to be honest.Usually once the dirt is out wide thats it,flat out round the boards and no other line to use.Whoever gets to the fence first is away and gone. Speaking of fences, Mr Fricke gave Nk a pretty close look at it! I would have put that move on the dirty side of hard racing.

No different to Laguta’s move on Allen down the back straight.

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

No different to Laguta’s move on Allen down the back straight.

When he was about 3 yards ahead of him?

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

They really need to get the track the same or very similar every week, all this chopping and changing helps nobody and isn't really good enough to be honest. 

Therein lies a very big problem, every home match this season it has been different. Riders have no home advantage as they start with settings that worked previously that are then useless. They end up chasing them and after 8 heats normally miles behind. Not helping themselves as a club at all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StarBoy said:

According to programme notes and meeting reports, work is being done in the background to bring in a new face. I hope that they're looking at a prospect from the continent with a view to trying to bed them in for the '24 season. 

Have you got a crystal ball :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, hasta la vista said:

Therein lies a very big problem, every home match this season it has been different. Riders have no home advantage as they start with settings that worked previously that are then useless. They end up chasing them and after 8 heats normally miles behind. Not helping themselves as a club at all.

Peterborough riders consistently complained about exactly this last season. They haven't done so so much this year, but they have only had about 4 home meetings so far this year.

53 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Have you got a crystal ball :)

I promise I'm not a witch...

• Haha 1