British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Leicester 20/07/23

After giving Leicester a go early on yesterday. Can the Stars win this one?. We should see a better Laguta at the AFA. Rory Schlein in for MPT.

Thoughts.....

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

After giving Leicester a go early on yesterday. Can the Stars win this one?. We should see a better Laguta at the AFA. Rory Schlein in for MPT.

Thoughts.....

2 & 4 determine this one for me. If Lynn are to win need a minimum of 12 points between Thomson and Jorgensen.

AL - 12 (5)

KT - 5 (4)

RS - 6 (4)

TJ - 7 (4)

NK - 10 (5)

SL - 7 (5)

AR - 2 (3)

Total - 49

41 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

2 & 4 determine this one for me. If Lynn are to win need a minimum of 12 points between Thomson and Jorgensen.

AL - 12 (5)

KT - 5 (4)

RS - 6 (4)

TJ - 7 (4)

NK - 10 (5)

SL - 7 (5)

AR - 2 (3)

Total - 49

I reckon 9 between them and Lynn can still win ;):P

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I reckon 9 between them and Lynn can still win ;):P

Yes, indeed that maths is correct. I'm just giving my predictions of scores across the board 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Thoughts.....

My thoughts are another home loss unfortunately.

Thomson is struggling totally in the higher league.Klindt was very,very poor in the last home match and Laguta wasn't at his best neither.Now if those 2 were to put in a good performance then we may be able to sneak a 46-44.

4 hours ago, StarBoy said:

AL - 12 (5)

KT - 5 (4)

RS - 6 (4)

TJ - 7 (4)

NK - 10 (5)

SL - 7 (5)

AR - 2 (3)

Total - 49

I think it depends on the trio of Klindt, TJ and Kye. 22 from them 3 isn't to much to ask at home. But they could just as well score 7, 5 and 2. It would be great if they could all click at the same time though, and we can take the win.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Batch to score 15 and bare his buttocks on the victory parade revealing F U Buster in marker pen on his buttocks :D

More like......

audi tattoo..:)) #audi #audi #love | Audi, Tattoos, Audi tt

20 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I'm just hoping that all the people who have fallen out of love with King's Lynn Speedway, will come along and help save the club from closure, if only out of respect for the people you used to stand/sit with, who you probably chatted or had a pint with,  who still depend on it as there night out. 

As a club, they've suffered bad times, which is currently the case, and good times when they were in a lower league. What ever has happened before, nobody can change, but we can all help by offering our support whilst the club sorts its financial and managerial problems out, of which they will with our help and support, so we can move forwards again.

It's obvious that a lot of you don't like Keith Chapman, and of course, that is your right, but if he hadn't bought the stadium in the first place, nobody would have enjoyed those wonderful years of the past, under his leadership, of which he now wants rid of.

He's been quite open and said he wants to sell the speedway side of his business, and it's such a shame that Alex Brady had to leave suddenly for the reasons he gave, because I thought he was the right man to get the club out of the doldrums in seasons to come. He's publicly said that he would like to one day return, and who knows, that day could be tomorrow, or it could be two years time, only he knows that. Buster is obviously talking to people and sponsors behind the scenes, but he's never going to get people interested in purchasing the speedway business,  unless more people return to the terraces.

Those of you who constantly express your opinions on social media, on the quality of riders that are in the team, and bear in mind, nobody deliberately rides badly, as they're not earning their wages. Everybody in whatever form of life has there own level of ability, and that's how human life revolves.  You complain about certain riders that have been signed, of which you have got that right to do, I'm no different. But just take a look at other clubs, and I don't just mean Peterborough, they are built in a similar fashion to that of King's Lynn.  Ipswich are one club in such a case, that are complaining about Danny King, Erik Riss, Joe Thompson, before he was replaced by his brother, but you don't read of their supporters walking away from their club.      

Many of you say you no longer attend speedway meetings at the Adrian Flux Arena, but you must still like the sport, and have an interest in what's happening at/with King's Lynn Speedway club, or you wouldn't waste your time looking and writing on these forums in the first place.

So please, help to keep King's Lynn Speedway alive, and the sport alive in Norfolk, in all probability, the county were the majority of you live, and return to the terraces for the last few meetings of the season, which will hopefully encourage someone, or a consortium plus maybe extra sponsors, to purchase the club from Keith Chapman, and see if they can put right what you don't like.  Only you can do that now, so please give it one more shot, in an attempt to keep speedway alive in Norfolk      

Very wise words and I agree but it not just this Thursday meeting that fans need to return for its every home meeting the question that never is asked by any promotion is why fans have walked away it’s not just Kings Lynn it’s almost every club season on season crowds have dwindled with nothing being done by promotions to address the problems- your are correct in what you say but would go in a restaurant week after week if you didn’t enjoy the food just so it didn’t close ? And that’s what fans have done walked away because they don’t like what’s on offer and doesn’t represent value for the £22 .I certainly don’t want any club least of all Kings Lynn to close but was has changed since the last home meeting? absolutely nothing sadly to say . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Very wise words and I agree but it not just this Thursday meeting that fans need to return for its every home meeting the question that never is asked by any promotion is why fans have walked away it’s not just Kings Lynn it’s almost every club season on season crowds have dwindled with nothing being done by promotions to address the problems- your are correct in what you say but would go in a restaurant week after week if you didn’t enjoy the food just so it didn’t close ? And that’s what fans have done walked away because they don’t like what’s on offer and doesn’t represent value for the £22 .I certainly don’t want any club least of all Kings Lynn to close but was has changed since the last home meeting? absolutely nothing sadly to say . 

The trouble is too many promoters have a take it or leave it policy

what should be happening is a meet and greet autograph session with all the riders.  Opportunity to have your photo with your favourite riders and sit on a bike maybe. Anyone who shares it on social media is entered into a draw to win a pair of free tickets etc

the accesability of the riders is unique to our sport yet we don’t use it to promote. 
The promotion needs to promote !!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

While I hope Kings Lynn remain open the attitude of use it or lose it has to be eradicated from Speedway. In any other walk of life it would be seen as emotional blackmail. If you have a business you have to work to ensure customers return, not threaten them with closure if they don’t buy your product.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

what should be happening is a meet and greet autograph session with all the riders.  Opportunity to have your photo with your favourite riders and sit on a bike maybe. Anyone who shares it on social media is entered into a draw to win a pair of free tickets etc

the accesability of the riders is unique to our sport yet we don’t use it to promote. 

This is ok if you're under 12. Teens don't think it's "kool' enough for their online image & anyone over 30 posting social media images with rider's just looks a total gimp. Not good promotion if you want to attract the next generation. 

29 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

10 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

While I hope Kings Lynn remain open the attitude of use it or lose it has to be eradicated from Speedway. In any other walk of life it would be seen as emotional blackmail. If you have a business you have to work to ensure customers return, not threaten them with closure if they don’t buy your product.

Spot on.

I appreciate the promotion have been dropped in it a bit and have a lot on their plate but its the kids holidays after this week, I'd like to see some promotional work being done to get people to the AFA. Something outside the box, something different. Give people an incentive to come.

29 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The last promoter that actually used to promote at Kings Lynn was Jonathan Chapman in the School summer holidays he ran themed nights with give always to the kids he have a advertisement board on a small truck used go round nearby Hunstanton trying to attract holidaymakers he tried - since then it’s suck it and see how many turn up - the bit that gets me they try the same old and basically hope the die hards turn up . 

• Like 2