British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neila

Special Comets meeting 29th july

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Probably see’s an opportunity in a underperforming Comets Team.

Too high an average to fit into Comets side, and wanted too much money over winter to sign as a comet, but good luck in riding on Saturday 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neila said:

Too high an average to fit into Comets side, and wanted too much money over winter to sign as a comet, but good luck in riding on Saturday 

Comets dodged a bullet there then.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Comets dodged a bullet there then.

Once he knew he was expected to be at Worky in the maiden season, I suppose he asked Top dog in wages thinking it couldn't be refused. I was pleased and not surprised that they picked the best riders they could get, but unfortunately some have not justified that faith for whatever reason. It was thought the Comets team could go through the season undefeated this season at home, but fortunately despite their home losses the gate seems to be holding up with some cracking meetings,

• Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 11:06 PM, 1Tsunami said:

Once he knew he was expected to be at Worky in the maiden season, I suppose he asked Top dog in wages thinking it couldn't be refused. I was pleased and not surprised that they picked the best riders they could get, but unfortunately some have not justified that faith for whatever reason. It was thought the Comets team could go through the season undefeated this season at home, but fortunately despite their home losses the gate seems to be holding up with some cracking meetings,

I think you're quite right re the Comets team. If Harry McGurk and Luke Crang had just maintained their starting average Comets current team average applicable from 1st august would be  48.47 not 41.25 which would easily be the highest in the league. Harry has dropped 4.84 and Luke 2.39. Ace has dropped a small 0.23,  the rest of the riders have increased their starting averages with Luke Harrison increasing his by 3.77. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

I think you're quite right re the Comets team. If Harry McGurk and Luke Crang had just maintained their starting average Comets current team average applicable from 1st august would be  48.47 not 41.25 which would easily be the highest in the league. Harry has dropped 4.84 and Luke 2.39. Ace has dropped a small 0.23,  the rest of the riders have increased their starting averages with Luke Harrison increasing his by 3.77. 

Certainly not surprised that Luke or Harry have dropped (although didn't expect the alarming extent) Ace virtually holding his average is success considering he was a 3.00 newbie last season. Whats most stupid is that Sam has put over 1.5 points on his average, Harry has shipped nearly 5 from his and yet Harry will more than likely get signed up first next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly not surprised that Luke or Harry have dropped (although didn't expect the alarming extent) Ace virtually holding his average is success considering he was a 3.00 newbie last season. Whats most stupid is that Sam has put over 1.5 points on his average, Harry has shipped nearly 5 from his and yet Harry will more than likely get signed up first next year.

Think Harry would have show much more to secure a place next season should Comets go NDL again.

2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Think Harry would have show much more to secure a place next season should Comets go NDL again.

But Belle Vue have probably been on the phone already.....

A bright and breezy day, should be some good speedway racing later on today , get down to the northside arena to support the speedway UTC :D

Fantastic afternoons racing riders using the outside line more often slight prob with dust at times,however once again harry very poor and lets be honest he aint going to get any better ,luke looked a little better but  young ashton has one hell of a future where ever he starts when 16,up north perhaps ??. A fine afternoons entertainment if u wernt their u missed a treat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Fantastic afternoons racing riders using the outside line more often slight prob with dust at times,however once again harry very poor and lets be honest he aint going to get any better ,luke looked a little better but  young ashton has one hell of a future where ever he starts when 16,up north perhaps ??. A fine afternoons entertainment if u wernt their u missed a treat.

How far oop north Geoff??  Somewhere in Scotland :D

1 minute ago, Neila said:

How far oop north Geoff??  Somewhere in Scotland :D

I couldnt possibly comment :rofl:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

A fine afternoons entertainment if u wernt their u missed a treat.

And yes that's a fact Geoff.............many regulars missed a good speedway session. I think after casting my eyes all around there was about 600/700 in attendance - certainly the smallest gathering since northside opened. I had the surprise pleasure of standing next to a Comet of the first generation of the team i.e. Mark Dickinson - enjoyed the craic with him. Hopefully see you again Mark marra.  Oh and well done to winner Ashton Boughen. (hope your dad's keeping well son)............

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, singy13 said:

And yes that's a fact Geoff.............many regulars missed a good speedway session. I think after casting my eyes all around there was about 600/700 in attendance - certainly the smallest gathering since northside opened. I had the surprise pleasure of standing next to a Comet of the first generation of the team i.e. Mark Dickinson - enjoyed the craic with him. Hopefully see you again Mark marra.  Oh and well done to winner Ashton Boughen. (hope your dad's keeping well son)............

Unfortunately imo your estimate of crowd is a long way out, but individual meetings never attract a good crowd anywhere,  but a very enjoyable meeting missed by many people, but what a talent that young Aston boughen is will go a long way in the sport if he keeps grounded

8 minutes ago, Neila said:

Unfortunately imo your estimate of crowd is a long way out, but individual meetings never attract a good crowd anywhere,  but a very enjoyable meeting missed by many people, but what a talent that young Aston boughen is will go a long way in the sport if he keeps grounded

Yeah hopefully I was miles out with my guesstimate..................and there were deffo some fine young talent on show today.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

What was your estimation of the crowd.  Do you think it will be championship level racing next season ?