British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eide67

Belle Vue Colts v Edinburgh Monarchs Academy NDL 21-Jul-23

Colts at full strength but Monarchs Academy without 4 of their team.

BELLE VUE: James Pearson, Matt Marson, Sam Hagon, Freddy Hodder, Jack Smith, Paul Bowen, Luke Muff.
EDINBURGH: Connor Coles (Guest for Adam Roynan), Alex Spooner r/r, Mark Parker (Guest for Kyran Lyden), Ashton Boughen (Guest for Jacob Hook), Max Clegg, Mickie Simpson, Dayle Wood.

Think Edinburgh have picked their guests well & have the riding order spot on, however still think the Colts will take the bonus point, they're top 3 especially are almost unbeatable at home. (53-37)

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Think Edinburgh have picked their guests well & have the riding order spot on, however still think the Colts will take the bonus point, they're top 3 especially are almost unbeatable at home. (53-37)

Only one I’d be unsure of is Clegg personally he doesn’t really go well on big tracks but with his experience should be scoring highly everywhere he goes in this league.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I wasn't at the meeting, but just seen Ashton Boughen's performance. Crikey. That lad is rather good.

He sure is, great gater and so fast & smooth when out in front and can pick where he rides. When he works out how to come from the back (which I’m sure he will) he will be a complete package.

Pleased to have helped him out with a little bit of sponsorship for the Leicester Cubs this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elmo said:

He sure is, great gater and so fast & smooth when out in front and can pick where he rides. When he works out how to come from the back (which I’m sure he will) he will be a complete package.

Pleased to have helped him out with a little bit of sponsorship for the Leicester Cubs this season.

His ability to pick the right line coming out of bend 2 is also well in advance of his experience.

Bit of a marathon last night. I know the meeting  started a bit late due to the junior championship  before hand but two hours for a Colts meeting ?!

I'm  usually on my way home by 9:30, it was almost quarter to ten when heat 15 finished. And they wanted to get a move on because  rain was imminent. 

16 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I wasn't at the meeting, but just seen Ashton Boughen's performance. Crikey. That lad is rather good.

Who was the last rider to show this much potential at this age? 

Coles costing the academy the bonus point with nothing short of an awful performance.

19 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Dan Bewley?

6 hours ago, Sotonian said:

Dan Bewley?

Robert Lambert. Bewley wasn't on the radar at this age. I don't think he'd even ridden a speedway bike yet.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 2:37 PM, Bojangles said:

9 hours ago, Sotonian said:

Dan Bewley?

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Robert Lambert. Bewley wasn't on the radar at this age. I don't think he'd even ridden a speedway bike yet.

Boughen has shown tremendous potential at such a young age, especially as he's very new to Speedway. Woffinden had ridden in Australia, Lambert had ridden in Germany, Bewley didn't ride till he was 16.

Going back to the likes of Jordan Palin, Eddie Kennett or David Howe who were all great at 15, these guys had many years of youth racing, so we're expected to be stars, Boughen is more along the lines of Bewley for experience, but a year younger.