British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole Championship. 30/7/23 6pm

Well after tonight all eyes will be on the Championship meeting to be held next Sunday at 6PM. Tonight we have been told the track was very different to normal and there’s usually more passing than we witnessed on BSN. Yer, right!

So will Glasgow doctor the track again from the norm, or will they make it extra deep and grippy? Every trick in the book will no doubt come out to give Glasgow the biggest advantage possible to bring to Poole. I don’t blame them, they have to do what they can. But changing the track takes away home advantage. And Poole will be able to use a T/R next Sunday if needs be. And not use Roynon in heat 14.

I am guessing there will be no stream, which is frankly pathetic these days. Don’t thenGlasgow promotion realise there is money to be made from streaming and they are missing out on tapping into a large speedway fanbase who would be more than happy to splash out 12 quid to watch the meeting on their TV’s? Fans who would not be at Ashfield anyway?

There will be a few Poole fans making the trip. Rob is flying up from Bristol to Glasgow, arriving at 2pm then busing it in to the centre. Flying back 8 am the next day. Approx £80 return for flights, £20 bus to centre, plus train, plus hotel, plus £70 car park at Bristol. Ouch! Hope it’s not rained off!

Will Glasgow get enough of a lead to bring to Poole for the bonus? Will Poole turn over Glasgow?

Could be a belter. Thoughts?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well after tonight all eyes will be on the Championship meeting to be held next Sunday at 6PM. Tonight we have been told the track was very different to normal and there’s usually more passing than we witnessed on BSN. Yer, right!

So will Glasgow doctor the track again from the norm, or will they make it extra deep and grippy? Every trick in the book will no doubt come out to give Glasgow the biggest advantage possible to bring to Poole. I don’t blame them, they have to do what they can. But changing the track takes away home advantage. And Poole will be able to use a T/R next Sunday if needs be. And not use Roynon in heat 14.

I am guessing there will be no stream, which is frankly pathetic these days. Don’t thenGlasgow promotion realise there is money to be made from streaming and they are missing out on tapping into a large speedway fanbase who would be more than happy to splash out 12 quid to watch the meeting on their TV’s? Fans who would not be at Ashfield anyway?

There will be a few Poole fans making the trip. Rob is flying up from Bristol to Glasgow, arriving at 2pm then busing it in to the centre. Flying back 8 am the next day. Approx £80 return for flights, £20 bus to centre, plus train, plus hotel, plus £70 car park at Bristol. Ouch! Hope it’s not rained off!

Will Glasgow get enough of a lead to bring to Poole for the bonus? Will Poole turn over Glasgow?

Could be a belter. Thoughts?

I stopped reading at Well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

I stopped reading at Well.

I like that lol

Those of us who support a top division side all used to see Shovlar as the troll … deliberately posting things to wind people up and it’s good to see the championship supporters understand his crap as well lol

Im sure he isn’t stupid so his posts are just trolling and unfortunately he has a band of Poole fans who see him as some sort of god and live off his every word on here it’s laughable 

Hope you guys give them a stuffing lol 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

He does come across as a complete winner in life :blink:.

You did mean winner or is it a typo?

• Haha 2

With ur comments I find it very ironic that none of u put God Shovlar on ignore.

In fact I find it ironic that u don't put all Poole fans on ignore but instead u enjoy reading our insane drivvle.

Enjoy :D

Edited by lbw

Have you ever read a more childish post in your life? Banters, banter but that's just pathetic 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Have you ever read a more childish post in your life? Banters, banter but that's just pathetic 

I have been campaigning to get him put on a section for juniors only.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

But u still read my pathetic childish post

8 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I have been campaigning to get him put on a section for juniors only.

Burp

28 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I have now received my reply below.

Gaz unfortunately your request to allocate poster lbw to a junior section has been refused as we feel he is not mature enough at this moment.

We shall reconsider this option in 10 years time when his brain cells develop.

yours admin.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lbw said:

Burp

I unreservedly state my case.

There was a shocking amount of dust at last night's meeting and yet i never once saw the track being watered. I got a real eyeful. Perhaps the tractor drivers should spend less time trying to murder the track staff and more time watering the track. 

Good racing though but not great. Probably because of the dry track.

What concerns me the most though is Glasgow's inability to beat the better teams over two legs. Redcar, Poole and Oxford most likely have all comfortably seen off the Tigers in recent months. It doesn't matter if Ashfield holds such a home track advantage if they constantly underachieve on the road. This isn't a title-winning side from what i've seen so far.

Tom looked better tonight. Claus continues to fustrate with his machine problems. I'm always tempted to write 'EF' in the programme every time he takes to the track to save myself time after the race when i'm busy writing in the winning time. I can't understand why he is having so much trouble finishing four laps.

Anyway, congratulations to the Pirates, they deserved to win the BSN trophy over the two legs and were a class act.

• Thanks 2