British Speedway Forum
old bob at herne bay

Poole "preparing" their starts

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't see what the point is of this apart from having another dig at Poole for no reason.

Bob likes to complain about something! I remember when Eastbourne made their starts better for them before each race, but just makes it even sweeter when you win. 

Redcar almost won at Poole, so obviously King been giving our secrets away!! :o:nono::D

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't see what the point is of this apart from having another dig at Poole for no reason.

Obviously if it's about Poole everyone's going to jump on it,

the difference being for other teams is their number one doesn't get Quoted on TV saying "our little trick up the sleeve starts" and immediately in the next Speedway star the week later the TM mentions about the difficulty they were having getting out their own starts and now they have "sorted the starts to their benefit."

Every body hates Poole, so any news bite that can be grabbed and displayed, will be.

• Like 1

Of course Poole can doctor the starts , the straights , the bends…… anything they want they are the home team why wouldn’t you prepare it for your side 

Poole have a team of gaters so they will prepare the track accordingly……wouldn’t have happened in the days of Loram Nicholls and Ward as those riders wouldn’t want the starts like they are now 

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Of course Poole can doctor the starts , the straights , the bends…… anything they want they are the home team why wouldn’t you prepare it for your side 

Poole have a team of gaters so they will prepare the track accordingly……wouldn’t have happened in the days of Loram Nicholls and Ward as those riders wouldn’t want the starts like they are now 

So gavin your saying riders like loram ward and Nicholls would not want the starts like the are now? What a load of crap 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think people just like too talk about Poole, that's why they make up all these nonsense threads

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I think people just like too talk about Poole, that's why they make up all these nonsense threads

That's the problem with being successful, everyone wants a piece of that success. 

I don't even think it's the riders that people dislike, 1-7,  I think their outstanding riders and people.

• Like 1

The track is always the same for both sets of riders. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

The track is always the same for both sets of riders. 

Exactly,  Mountain out of a Molehill.

As long as the starts are the same for both teams, it's all fair. The only thing the ref should keep an eye on, is to make sure grading of the starts doesn't change heat to heat based on gate the teams are starting from.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

As long as the starts are the same for both teams, it's all fair. The only thing the ref should keep an eye on, is to make sure grading of the starts doesn't change heat to heat based on gate the teams are starting from.

Basically what Eastbourne used to do then.

• Like 1

How is this even an issue? Teams set up tracks/ starts anything they can to suit their riders and gain a home track advantage. What next you going to give wolves Grief for the karlsson corridor? Nonsense 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Exactly this.

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Nothing to see. Move along 

Completely agree, if you're the home team if you want to rip up the start line, the bends, the straights whatever, it's up to you. As long as everyone gets a chance to have a look prior to racing starting it's fair enough.

I'm shocked all teams don't do it, I really am.