British Speedway Forum

I like all the presenter/riders who work with BSN and I missed the pie man when he was away for sometime, Greg Blair is another standout for me who has taken to this work like a duck to water.

• Like 3

My only criticism of BSN is the main commentators exaggerated hysteria around the finish line.

“IS HE GOING TO HOLD ON?!” Well, yes, because he’s fifteen feet ahead of him, mate.

I don’t know his name, but he’s actually an outstanding commentator; he has the voice for it, builds rapport with his co-commentator and he’s insightful, but I’ve noticed the finish line excitement a few times.

What a problem to have, eh? Going from BSN on Wednesday to Eurosport on Thursday was like going from a lovely massage to setting fire to yourself, then jumping out a window.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:26 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Be interesting to know just how many subscribers BSN had this season. Matt said it as in its infancy and was doing well. How to increase the subscriber base is tricky. Where to advertise to get signups is limited. There are probably more speedway fans unaware of BSN  than know about it, and in these harsh Tory economic times funds are tight for many families. 

On top of that is piracy which is a bane for many sports networks. Finding a way to eliminate accounts that are shared is not easy.

We have successfully removed BSN from iptv services over recent weeks are in process of following legal procedures against those who have stolen our content. Coincidentally, our viewing figures have increased so it shows how much this was hurting us, and British Speedway.

Account sharing has also been majorly cracked down on with some tightening of the code. We can also review every account and pick out those who are attempting to share viewings.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

We have successfully removed BSN from iptv services over recent weeks are in process of following legal procedures against those who have stolen our content. Coincidentally, our viewing figures have increased so it shows how much this was hurting us, and British Speedway.

Account sharing has also been majorly cracked down on with some tightening of the code. We can also review every account and pick out those who are attempting to share viewings.

All good news, so fingers crossed we're all good for 2024.

Another little improvement, if possible, is to have “chapters”, or bookmarks in replays so we can scroll directly to the following heat and watch a recorded meeting in less than 30 mins. Would save time and BSN bandwidth. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Another little improvement, if possible, is to have “chapters”, or bookmarks in replays so we can scroll directly to the following heat and watch a recorded meeting in less than 30 mins. Would save time and BSN bandwidth. 

You can click the heat number in the programme below and it jumps to the heat.

12 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

I'm sure this worked last season with the old 'app' but it certainly doesn't work anymore, would be one of the best features if it can be returned.

Edit - seems to work on the older streams, but not the recent ones. I guess it's no good for people wanting to watch straight after the broadcast has ended

Edited by Marksman

48 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

You learn something new (nearly) every day.....

43 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I'm sure this worked last season with the old 'app' but it certainly doesn't work anymore, would be one of the best features if it can be returned.

Edit - seems to work on the older streams, but not the recent ones. I guess it's no good for people wanting to watch straight after the broadcast has ended

Can confirm, it’s a hidden gem of a feature, but sometimes takes a little time to materialise.

On 7/26/2023 at 7:02 AM, Cast1rn said:

Ok let's cut the BS

When are we getting drone footage and who's going to be the pilot?

;)

I personally hate the drone footage shown in the GPs, by all means show it after the race for a different view, but please not during races.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I personally hate the drone footage shown in the GPs, by all means show it after the race for a different view, but please not during races.

I actually like it if it's a close race, but because it has to chase behind the last rider it can make the leaders too far away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marksman said:

We didn’t have a programme feature last season.

Unfortunately we have to program it to work and straight after a broadcast we are packing away to travel home.

As you can appreciate, last week we had 4 streams in 6 days so we have a slight backlog of jobs to tick off

9 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

Thanks Martin that has never been made clear and I bet most didn’t know the feature existed! Might be worth adding a text line explaining this feature is available.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thanks Martin that has never been made clear and I bet most didn’t know the feature existed! Might be worth adding a text line explaining this feature is available.

IMG_4588.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

IMG_4588.jpeg

To be fair it does say that right at the bottom of the page. Might be better to move the text closer to the top.