British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
klstarsfan

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Peterborough Panthers

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

During Covid somebody jokingly suggested that one day every meeting will be raced at the NSS with the majority of people watching it doing so via a stream.

Perhaps that's a bit extreme but I can imagine just a handful of tracks operating eventually with several teams based at each one. Let's hope its the good ones that survive.

The Lynn promotion will no doubt appeal for people to come and watch but what incentive is there to pay £22 when the team loses and the racing is non existent?

It’s a £15 sport at the most for many once it went over a £1 a race they stopped going now it’s way over that price £22 doesn’t represent value for money we are talking 15mins racing I use that term loosely. 
Everyone wants to see their team win of course but going home after a great nights racing even if the team loses I can take that . 
Not sure what the answers are at KL the track surface isn’t going to change the admission prices are not going to fall and it’s always a team on a tight budget . So how does the club attract fans back ? 
Or even keep the ones they still have ?

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

Very nice to win el bustico but Buster needs saving from himself and the club's need saving before they close. 

Light at the end of the tunnel for panthers so fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, Dodger Blue said:

As happy as I was with a Panthers win that was the worst meeting race wise I have seen !!

In 50 years of watching speedway that was the first meeting without one single overtake

Made the World Cup and GP meetings look brilliant !!

Seem to remember Worrall and Lambert passing and re-passing each other:rolleyes:,But apart from that you are probably right.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Seem to remember Worrall and Lambert passing and re-passing each other:rolleyes:,But apart from that you are probably right.

Lambert certainly tried and got alongside but with Worrall on the inside he could never get by 

Listening to the British Speedway podcast Richard Lawson was on it saying he had a guest booking on the Thursday, assuming this was recorded on Tuesday at the latest somebody knew Laguta wasn't going to be there... make of that what you will

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Listening to the British Speedway podcast Richard Lawson was on it saying he had a guest booking on the Thursday, assuming this was recorded on Tuesday at the latest somebody knew Laguta wasn't going to be there... make of that what you will

He was booked to replace MPT

13 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

He was booked to replace MPT

Average wouldn't of fit to replace MPT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dodger Blue said:

Lambert certainly tried and got alongside but with Worrall on the inside he could never get by 

He got by Worrall then just let Worrall up the inside.Same with Jorgensen in ht14  got by Cook then was running the outside too much just to let Cook go by the inside again.

1 minute ago, StarBoy said:

Average wouldn't of fit to replace MPT.

No it wouldn't have done,but Hoggard did say he was booked for MPT,not good when the management can't do the simplest thing right.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sandking072 said:

That’s great. Thank you. 

Does anyone really believe they can time these to hundredths of a second!!!

53 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He got by Worrall then just let Worrall up the inside.Same with Jorgensen in ht14  got by Cook then was running the outside too much just to let Cook go by the inside again.

We will agree to disagree on what constitutes an overtake then.

1 hour ago, truthsayer said:

Yes

I recommend that you try it with a hand-held timer ... the same race several times - you probably won't get it to the same tenth every time.

5 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I recommend that you try it with a hand-held timer ... the same race several times - you probably won't get it to the same tenth every time.

I misunderstood. Thought they had transponders these days.

Stopwatch, no chance!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, truthsayer said:

I misunderstood. Thought they had transponders these days.

Stopwatch, no chance!

No, they've been testing transponders, but not every track has the appropriate equipment - or possibly even the facilities to install it!