British Speedway Forum
Normski

Berwick v Redcar 29/07/23 @7-00pm

Berwick now without Thomas Jorgensen, and for the foreseeable future one would presume, with broken vertebrae in his neck. Best wishes to him on a speedy recovery.

https://www.berwickspeedway.com/news/tj-update/

Justin Sedgeman comes in as guest, along side other guests Ritchie Worrall and Luke Killeen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Is there any other sport where injuries actually strengthen a team ie guests?

Don't worry I still see nothing other than an away win.

5 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Is there any other sport where injuries actually strengthen a team ie guests?

Most other sports operate a 'squad' system of sorts so guests aren't required.

Justin Sedgmen since he first came over to this country has always hated riding at Berwick and has often been very open about that and his scores have reflected that feeling. You’d have to be delighted on that basis to have him in as a guest this evening. Redcar comfortably by 16-18 points. 

Edited by emilali

20 minutes ago, emilali said:

Justin Sedgmen since he first came over to this country has always hated riding at Berwick and has often been very open about that and his scores have reflected that feeling. You’d have to be delighted on that basis to have him in as a guest this evening. Redcar comfortably by 16-18 points. 

Tend to agree with you about the scoreline. Bandits fans have a tough few weeks coming up with Poole and Glasgow yet to visit. Can only see a couple of wins coming against Birmingham and Plymouth and even that I wouldn't say are gimees.

Met office have 60-80% chance of rain around 5pm, lasting for 90 minutes or so, so we could be seeing speedway at Shielfield in September for a change. Could do with some of that heat they've been getting in the Med the last couple of weeks

Edited by Shadders

11 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Tend to agree with you about the scoreline. Bandits fans have a tough few weeks coming up with Poole and Glasgow yet to visit. Can only see a couple of wins coming against Birmingham and Plymouth and even that I wouldn't say are gimees.

Met office have 60-80% chance of rain around 5pm, lasting for 90 minutes or so, so we could be seeing speedway at Shielfield in September for a change. Could do with some of that heat they've been getting in the Med the last couple of weeks

and after that weather is ok with football being on today will probably help the track. BBC Forecast entirely different

Edited by Normski

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

and after that weather is ok with football being on today will probably help the track. BBC Forecast entirely different

Twenty years ago the BBC were forecasting a new ice age,  ten years ago they told us the ice caps would have melted by now. I would rather trust a Staffordshire bull terrier with my testicles than listen to anything the BBC has to say. The Met Office forecasts are very hit and miss too.

Edited by Shadders
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sparks123 said:

The rules seem to change every day (so easy to get mixed up).:)

This also goes for Boxall's average because its been said that his average is to high to guest at reserve.

If you apply the same ruling for Pearson and Hook at the start of the season when their 4 point averages (Championship) were doubled to 8 (National).

You also take into account Jorgensen's last Championship average was discounted (used his Premiership average converted) at the start of the season.

Therefore Boxall's average used for the Championship should be half his National League average (which would be under 4 so he could guest at reserve).

As I say its open to how you read the rules (and the team involved probably).:cheers:

No rider has ever used their NL average to determine their Champ ave.

4 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Twenty years ago the BBC were forecasting a new ice age,  ten years ago they told us the ice caps would have melted by now. I would rather trust a Staffordshire bull terrier with my testicles than listen to anything the BBC has to say. The Met Office forecasts are very hit and miss too.

As we saw last Saturday. Berwick has it's own weather forecast at times lol

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

No rider has ever used their NL average to determine their Champ ave.

I'm a little confused with Mr Boxalls inclusion into any championship team as a guest as in the NDL declarations it has NEG next to his name which I am told means Not Eligable to Guest?

11 minutes ago, Technik said:

I'm a little confused with Mr Boxalls inclusion into any championship team as a guest as in the NDL declarations it has NEG next to his name which I am told means Not Eligable to Guest?

This has already been discussed on the forum today

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Technik said:

That's what it used to mean (see 2019 NDL Green Sheets) but now it means not eligible to ride as AR. As far as I can tell Boxall and Morley are able to guest (subject to average constraints). [I was under the same mis-apprehension this morning]

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Last Champ average I can find for Boxall is 5.15 (2016). He may be due a reduction, who knows? Berwick can't just declare him in their team - but he could guest for TJ if injured?

Probably because he's been a member of the naughty riders club he's not entitled to a reduction. Even though his ban ended years ago.

I think Berwick are a lot stronger tonight with their guests