British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

Track has gone ultra slick. Needs water and wonder wheel.

1 minute ago, DazS said:

this is how corporations take over government's:rofl:

Government's what?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Exactly. Any frustration aimed at the GP organisers naive.

Speedway requires as many sponsors as it can get and those sponsors - Monster, for example - will have their world class Contracts department implement specific advertising requirements into the GP T&Cs, to the finest detail.

For the world champion to not bother his arse, the GP organisers have to apply the rules and implement their sponsor’s terms.

A wild oversight from Zmarzlik, or a tactical move to ensure a world title win on home soil.

;)

16 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Best wishes to Doyle. That looked like a sore one.

Having said that, it’s a wild lunge into the corner. Lindgren is very lucky he was able to walk away.

Gone into the corner a bit too quickly, misjudged but don't believe it was an intentional lunge...that's usually reserved for the guy he clipped 

• Like 1

I think the bigger issue that most people  have is that, in typical speedway fashion, it took them 5 hours to realise he'd worn the wrong suit. He could have been at home resting now ahead of the real stuff tomorrow where you actually earn money to ride.

That’s a great win for Holder, especially with Madsen appearing to be slightly quicker.

I’m not sure if it’s an optical illusion, but it’s almost like the riders come to a standstill coming off the second bend.

Just now, CB252 said:

I think the bigger issue that most people  have is that, in typical speedway fashion, it took them 5 hours to realise he'd worn the wrong suit. He could have been at home resting now ahead of the real stuff tomorrow where you actually earn money to ride.

No that wasn't the bigger issue for me.
If you are doing a survey.

Just now, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m not sure if it’s an optical illusion, but it’s almost like the riders come to a standstill coming off the second bend.

Vojens has always been like that. Hans Nielsen still hasn't come out of the 2nd bend in his 1988 world title run off against Gundersen :D

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

No that wasn't the bigger issue for me.
If you are doing a survey.

I think I'm agreeing with you that he had to be disqualified no question?

It's hard to disagree that it is borderline shambolic to only spot it at 17.30 though surely? 5 hours after he took to the track in practice.

• Like 1

So Zmarzlik wore non conforming leathers with respect to advertising.  Imagine you paid 10's of thousands of pounds to advertise your business to appear before a potential world wide audience at every gran Prix/practice/news (everything included in the legally drawn up document signed by all parties). We talking big money here. Then someone turns up advertising a different sponsor. Do you think the sponsor who paid lots of money for GP advertising would be happy. Riders will have signed contracts too, no doubt stating the organisers of the GP's lay down the rules and riders/pit crew etc will have read the rules and agreed to adhere to them. I can easily see Zmarzlik made a simple mistake but the responsibility is to advertise the GP sponsor. Legal boys would have been all over this if the penalty stipulated was not adhered to, and rightly so. The FIM would have been in deep trouble, with this and potentially lost sponsors for next year - lack of adhering to contracts. 

As for the suggestion Poland could withdraw riders and tracks from next year's GP's..... they will fully understand the situation because they too will have legal documents with their own sponsors...how do you think they can afford big money to the riders on Polish racing.

• Like 4