British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Imagine if they had just let it go, and stated that they decided to do so because the rule only says "may". A lot more of a corrupt looking decision than the one they made, which applied the rule as written.

And then plenty of people on here would be busy posting about how corrupt speedway is because, yet again, it can't follow it's own rules etc etc.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And, as it has never been an issue with anyone else, or anywhere else

Riders showing their own sponsors has been a perennial issue, especially when the GP's first started with the front fork covers... also domestically Craig Cook was binned off by Peterborough because there were issues about his bike cover not conforming to the rest of the teams covers. Though in that case he was replaced by Rohan Tungate... who also had a non conforming bike cover!

Edited by iainb

Now that we know Doyle is ok are we allowed to call him out for yet more dangerous riding? He gets a free pass all the time. The boy along from me last night was going spare at Lindgren after the incident just assuming it was his fault. 

6 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Now that we know Doyle is ok are we allowed to call him out for yet more dangerous riding? He gets a free pass all the time. The boy along from me last night was going spare at Lindgren after the incident just assuming it was his fault. 

Doyle goes too far to many times for a rider of his ability.Lebadevs is just dangerous and out of control too many times for me.

• Like 2

Im all for hard racing but a number of times this year it’s just been out of control riding, Lebedevs clean bowling Basso last night when he was never going to get by was ridiculous, seems to be the same riders as well. 

4 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Im all for hard racing but a number of times this year it’s just been out of control riding, Lebedevs clean bowling Basso last night when he was never going to get by was ridiculous, seems to be the same riders as well. 

Maybe time for a penalty points system?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Maybe time for a penalty points system?

I was thinking this, an exclusion doesn’t seem to be enough and riders are just going to continue getting hurt. I know speedway is dangerous and injuries are part of the sport but it feels there has been a lot of desperate riding this season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

I was thinking this, an exclusion doesn’t seem to be enough and riders are just going to continue getting hurt. I know speedway is dangerous and injuries are part of the sport but it feels there has been a lot of desperate riding this season.

When you can be thrown out of a meeting for wearing the wrong suit it seems strange that there's no penalty for persistent safety offenders

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

IMO the Competition referee is culpable for allowing Smarslick to practice in the wrong leathers. ? Given the importance of sponsors , should the competition referee not check all riders machines and clothing for conformance ?

on your way to work or the shops today in your car or mobility scooter, or what ever you have then get half an inch behind someone see how far you can get without hitting them. :shock:

Looking at the standard of rider that could get aWildcard next season, surely there has too be case for giving Emil and Artum wildcards.Two of the Worlds best sitting watching does nothing for the series.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looking at the standard of rider that could get aWildcard next season, surely there has too be case for giving Emil and Artum wildcards.Two of the Worlds best sitting watching does nothing for the series.

I think that unless they start riding under the flag of Poland then they’ll be on the sidelines for the foreseeable. 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

As it looks at the moment, still one GP to go, I would have the current top 10 back next year. Plus winner of SEC, currently leading is Mikkelson, plus the 3 from the GP Challenge of which Wozniak is already through, then possibly Kvech and a Pawlicki. That leaves 1 place....... possibly Rasmus Jensen, Lebedev, Kubera, even Anders Thomson who isn't too bad and mixes it (just injury took him out this year).

34 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Not everyone is for Russian riders in the GPs, no matter who they are.

But they would happily take for their Team it seems.