British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Stars v Witches 3/8/23

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Nicki p off gate one and they off 2,,,,,leon Madsen always seems to have a lower rate,, where as Janowski always very high 

One thing Tai was i think instrumental in setting up was proper fitness regimes for the uk squad - it’s clear that many riders at the top level are fitter and healthier than many from the 80s-2010 era - fitness for elite athletes does involves a slow resting heat rate but a much higher one when at peak levels of performance- that only comes through conditioning! It’s always interesting to see what they are on the start gate in the SWC I think the highest records was about 192bpm which is high - lowest was about 150-160ish  

4 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

One thing Tai was i think instrumental in setting up was proper fitness regimes for the uk squad - it’s clear that many riders at the top level are fitter and healthier than many from the 80s-2010 era - fitness for elite athletes does involves a slow resting heat rate but a much higher one when at peak levels of performance- that only comes through conditioning! It’s always interesting to see what they are on the start gate in the SWC I think the highest records was about 192bpm which is high - lowest was about 150-160ish  

Yeah he consulted me about my Olympic swimming routines:P

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Yeah he consulted me about my Olympic swimming routines:P

I bet he did -:)

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

He did say at Leicester on Monday he was feeling tired. Big in to his fitness though and works hard during the winter so despite his age he’s fitter than most of the youngsters! Seen more meat on a butcher’s knife. 

I think you mean you've seen more fat on a butcher's knife.  Doyle will be muscly and very lean.

26 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I think you mean you've seen more fat on a butcher's knife.  Doyle will be muscly and very lean.

Like a good Kangaroo steak

• Haha 1

Adam Roynon just said on BSN in the build up to tonight's meeting that the material used on the track at Kings Lynn & Peterborough is rubbish. So there you have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pitch said:

Adam Roynon just said on BSN in the build up to tonight's meeting that the material used on the track at Kings Lynn & Peterborough is rubbish. So there you have it.

He's just done himself out of 2 potential team spots then :D

15 minutes ago, Pitch said:

He's not wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Emil looking immaculate in ht 1. Winning by half a straight.looking like he rides here every week and not for over 10 years.

42 minutes ago, Pitch said:

That's one small way in which BSN is so much of a better watch than the always-on-message Eurosport.

• Like 5

I can see a Doyle roller from T3 yet the lady sat above the start line can’t?

Lynn fans getting an idea from the BSN graphics what Ben Basso will look like in his Lynn kevlars for next season