British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Stars v Witches 3/8/23

Personally would have gone for Ben Cook in place of Jorgensen,and R/R for Toft.Cook has been good around the NA,plus that would allow anyone to take a ride in place of Toft.

Imo Cook would score the same if not more than Basso,plus this would then give an extra ride to Laguta and Klindt instead of Rowe and Lambert.

Only if Cook is available of course.

Edited by tellboy

33 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Personally would have gone for Ben Cook in place of Jorgensen,and R/R for Toft.Cook has been good around the NA,plus that would allow anyone to take a ride in place of Toft.

Imo Cook would score the same if not more than Basso,plus this would then give an extra ride to Laguta and Klindt instead of Rowe and Lambert.

With Poole riding Weds/Fri/Sat and Darcy here at Baillie House, I doubt if Ben would want the guest booking!

39 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Would Laguta want an extra ride?

Just now, therefused said:

Judging by some of his absences, doesn't always seem to have much enthusiasm for his four scheduled rides. :D

• Like 4

Despite this meeting being on BSN i think I’m going to go up to compost corner and see the mighty witches in action 

whilst hoping for a win maybe even a major home defeat for the stars I need to remember the 1997 craven shield where that pesky Parker beat Louis and rickardsson to dump us out of the cup. We mustn’t be complacent like we were that night. 

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Don't know,but he has done 3 meetings where he has taken 6 rides.

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Despite this meeting being on BSN i think I’m going to go up to compost corner and see the mighty witches in action 

whilst hoping for a win maybe even a major home defeat for the stars I need to remember the 1997 craven shield where that pesky Parker beat Louis and rickardsson to dump us out of the cup. We mustn’t be complacent like we were that night. 

Watching Ipswich last night they should come away with a win.

If i remember correctly,didn't Parker come from the back in that one?

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Don't know,but he has done 3 meetings where he has taken 6 rides.

Watching Ipswich last night they should come away with a win.

If i remember correctly,didn't Parker come from the back in that one?

Yes last bend on the last lap.  Absolutely brilliant ride by Shane which sent the home fans very happy indeed 

• Like 1

Although I have BSN looking forward to

attending this fixture this evening. Hoping

The Stars can keep it relatively close. The

weather in the build up has been pretty

much the same as last Thursday. Will we 

see much the same track conditions

and preparation. There wasn’t more than a

few passes against The Panthers. With the 

likes of Artem,Emil and Doyley on show 

we are sure to see more tonight.

Going 42-48 but hope Kings Lynn prove

me to be wrong.

Although I get BSN for free,, I won't be watching,, used to be a good track,, but now it's pretty pathetic

Although I don't have BSN, I will not be watching or attending. I might click on the Speedway Updates site at around 11pm just to be sure the meeting has completed to check the scores. 

Stars 33 - 57 Ipswich 

Just out of curiosity, will Laguta be taking his place in the line up? Wasn’t sure if he had recovered from his wrist injury. Many thanks in advance

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

Just out of curiosity, will Laguta be taking his place in the line up? Wasn’t sure if he had recovered from his wrist injury. Many thanks in advance

According to the preview he should be in attendance.

4 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

According to the preview he should be in attendance.

Great news. Glad to hear he has recovered from such a troublesome injury.

• Haha 1