British Speedway Forum
Hamish McRaker

What does Tai Woffinden mean?

7 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Back to the UK because he is on the decline

That may be the case but im sure there's plenty of people who'll enjoy seeing him back in the UK, also no doubt easier to arrange riding back over here if he's gonna be based back in the UK.

11 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

As I said earlier: the average is irrelevant, he's replacing Holder.

I presume people probably want to know, as they're wondering if there's a way to keep Woffinden once Holder returns. I know I'd be looking to keep him if he's on a 7.03 average.

For instance Woffinden is only 0.79 higher than Pickering (6.24) and they have 0.54 to play with. A bit of jiggling around and it's feasible Holder and Woffinden could be riding in the same team, no?

On 8/6/2023 at 10:40 AM, Bojangles said:

I presume people probably want to know, as they're wondering if there's a way to keep Woffinden once Holder returns. I know I'd be looking to keep him if he's on a 7.03 average.

For instance Woffinden is only 0.79 higher than Pickering (6.24) and they have 0.54 to play with. A bit of jiggling around and it's feasible Holder and Woffinden could be riding in the same team, no?

That’s an interesting thought, although they would need Holder to return by 31 August. Not sure if Pickering and/or Ellis and/or Kerr would be excited at the prospect of being released …

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 7:41 AM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It is because if it was to high they wouldn't fit him in ....

The average he has been given is the average he finished the 2014 season which was the last time he rode in the UK. I think.

40 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

The average he has been given is the average he finished the 2014 season which was the last time he rode in the UK. I think.

Close. It is his average from 2014, but he rode more recently - in 2016 but without getting a new average.

There wasn’t enough fixtures for him to get a new average as he was signed as a ringer for the play offs. 

The Wolves alternative is he was not a ringer and rode loads of meetings. The BSPA just couldn’t be bothered calculating his new average so left it. 

18 minutes ago, ouch said:

There wasn’t enough fixtures for him to get a new average as he was signed as a ringer for the play offs. 

The Wolves alternative is he was not a ringer and rode loads of meetings. The BSPA just couldn’t be bothered calculating his new average so left it. 

For your information as you carnt be bothered to check he rode in 6 league matches BEFORE the play offs.Not just the plays as you seem to think unlike a certain Lambert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

For your information as you carnt be bothered to check he rode in 6 league matches BEFORE the play offs.Not just the plays as you seem to think unlike a certain Lambert.

So this is wrong then?

”There wasn’t enough fixtures for him to get a new average as he was signed as a ringer for the play offs.”

Lambert couldn’t rider in earlier meetings as Max wasn’t injured. Basic stuff here lad. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, ouch said:

So this is wrong then?

”There wasn’t enough fixtures for him to get a new average as he was signed as a ringer for the play offs.”

Lambert couldn’t rider in earlier meetings as Max wasn’t injured. Basic stuff here lad. 

Interesting you’re not calling Lambert a ‘ringer’.

incidentally the same year (2016) Poole brought in Lindback as a ‘ringer’ for the playoffs but no one ever mentions that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Interesting you’re not calling Lambert a ‘ringer’.

incidentally the same year (2016) Poole brought in Lindback as a ‘ringer’ for the playoffs but no one ever mentions that.

Just using their own asset!!;)

53 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

No, only rode the 1st leg didn’t he?

Yes I think you are correct and he was pretty awful in the 1st leg, as a team we were awful in the second leg at Wolves even without him.