British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Oxford 9/8/23 Championship

On me way down to the Pirate Ship currently in London Victoria avin a Costa flat white.

This time it's all looking good for sum speedway action and it's gonna be a real belter of a meeting.

Looking forward to this one, Oxford won't know what's hit em when we Pirates seek revenge! 

Big crowd Big action WINborne Road is the place to be!

C'mon the Boyzzzzz :t:

Weathers set fair today. Oxford fans can travel down safe in the knowledge that speedway will take place tonight!

Think this has the making of being a great meeting. Pirates weakened tonight at reserve but sure Ablitt will give it his best shot replacing Adam. Masters loves the Poole track and Nicholls always is exciting to watch around here. Pirates need to be on it from the start. Big crowd expected.

I think Oxford will 3-3 enough heats to get the BP but we should do enough to get the win. 

Hoping for a good meeting tonight, Poole strengthened with a well performing Ablitt at reserve, will be interesting to see how Poole use his abilities tonight and wether he gets his heat 8 and 12.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barabas said:

I see Poole are at it again ablitt in for roynon who has been poor 

Umm Roynon is injured...

1 hour ago, Barabas said:

OK I'll bite.  What are Poole supposed to do when Adam has a busted shoulder blade?

Replacing a 3.67 reserve with a 2.13 guest, yes certainly 'at it again'!!:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Weathers set fair today. Oxford fans can travel down safe in the knowledge that speedway will take place tonight!

Think this has the making of being a great meeting. Pirates weakened tonight at reserve but sure Ablitt will give it his best shot replacing Adam. Masters loves the Poole track and Nicholls always is exciting to watch around here. Pirates need to be on it from the start. Big crowd expected.

Steve u naughty chap! :D 

5-1 to Pirates in heat 2 NID! 

Ablitt could well strengthen Pirates at reserve given Adam's recent performance, 3 retirement's in one meeting is inexcusable.

Give it large for Nathan! :t:

Get well soon Adam as I'm sure u will get back to performing well :t:

Edited by lbw

And we're sh*t hot at it! :rofl:

But like everyone else has told.yers Roynon is injured.

Edited by lbw

Track looks in super condition after this morning's track prep!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

OK I'll bite.  What are Poole supposed to do when Adam has a busted shoulder blade?

Replacing a 3.67 reserve with a 2.13 guest, yes certainly 'at it again'!!:blink:

Yes, we start the meeting effectively 1.5 points down. Plus Adam has got 7+2, 5+1 and 4+1 last three home meetings. So really poor :blink:

As long as Nathan can beat Killeen a few times, job done. 

Think you have got that one wrong,Roynon was injured at Armadale on Friday.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Averages mean diddly squat Mr Skidder, a #6 on a 5.3 is nowhere near a #2 on 5.3. 

It's based over 20 eligible meetings which means for those with a lengthy record (Roynon) need to bomb big style to get their average down.

Ablitts average was generated by your lot using him as a sacrificial lamb, never giving him heat 8 and reserve switching his heat 12. So out of his 3 heats that he was allowed to do he faced the oppositions number 7......... Once. Bearing in mind he was one of very few 2 pointers racing last season.

After what you did to him he didn't get a ride for 23 when every team was looking for a 2 pointer. Luckily he's at Scunthorpe and what i've seen of him on BSN and the u21's is far improved and the boys beaming with confidence.

• Like 2

S. Shovlar  commented   " And Middlo is not our trackman "

oh really .... I didn't know that.

I am new to the sport, read that  Mr.  N. Middleditch told the speedway star that he has the start grids prepped to suit his own riders.

F.T.G. then .....