British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Leicester Prem 7th August 2023

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Still officially a draw though, they just won the superheat. 

How can it officially be a draw if they lost ? I'm confused?

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Douglas is wasting his career at Wolves.

Well he's never going to ride for Peterborough is he.

24 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

How can it officially be a draw if they lost ? I'm confused?

They only lost the superheat not the meeting, they still get a league point for drawing plus also the BP. If you lose a meeting you get zero. 

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They only lost the superheat not the meeting, they still get a league point for drawing plus also the BP. If you lose a meeting you get zero. 

So at the end of the meeting do both teams do a lap of honour as the meeting was drawn? 

4 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

So at the end of the meeting do both teams do a lap of honour as the meeting was drawn? 

They should, whether they do or not idk. But both got 2 league points each so sounds fair. 

Quite clearly Wolves lucky to "win" the meeting. Anybody know what happened to Fricke in the superheat ?

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Schlein's 2 wins tonight have come thanks to 2 of the biggest rolling starts you're ever likely to see! How the ref hasn't pulled them back is quite beyond me!

Nonsense. I stand directly in line with the starting gate. Heat 15 was one of the best ever starts I have seen. Schlein did not move a consensus shared by the fans around me.

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Schlein's 2 wins tonight have come thanks to 2 of the biggest rolling starts you're ever likely to see! How the ref hasn't pulled them back is quite beyond me!

His flyer in heat 13 was embarrassing.

The only passing seemed to come from riders making mistakes due to the state of the track. When experienced riders struggle you have to question the track safety. Goodness knows how crap it could have been without the extra half an hour of preparation.

As disappointing as the travelling fans were, to come away from there with two points is something we would have settled for at the start of the night. Max got up from his fall at the end so I hope he’s okay. Great contribution from the reserves tonight and their form could be crucial going into the play offs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Max got up from his fall at the end so I hope he’s okay. Great contribution from the reserves tonight and their form could be crucial going into the play offs.

It was frightening fall the way he went over his handlebars and landed head first on the track!

If Max isn't fit for Thursday let's hope Stewart Dickson has Chris Harris's number on speed dial :D

9 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Leicester would have won comfortably with Bomber and Batchelor, Cook was as expected. :rofl:

Edited by justathought

3 hours ago, justathought said:

Bomber would have equalled or bettered Worrall around Monmore for sure, and Batch would have got more than Cooks solitary point. Cook hasn't been Premiership standard for a number of years and gives up if he doesn't gate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Bomber would have equalled or bettered Worrall around Monmore for sure, and Batch would have got more than Cooks solitary point. Cook hasn't been Premiership standard for a number of years and gives up if he doesn't gate.

Are you sure, for sure?

Chris Harris at Wolverhampton

No.

Mon Apr 10th 2023

(Guest)
Mon May 1st 2023
+2
(Guest)
Mon Jun 26th 2023

(Guest)
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Nonsense. I stand directly in line with the starting gate. Heat 15 was one of the best ever starts I have seen. Schlein did not move a consensus shared by the (Wolverhampton) fans around me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Apparently, according to the league tables, Leicester lost. We can't have a fair result i.e. a draw, anymore.