British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Sheffield Monday 7th August Live on Eurosport

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Couldn’t agree more. He’s nauseating. 

Like not taking off his Monsterous cap when receiving his medal the other day.  

14 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So how long did it take morris to remember the 1 minute rule? How many people came out of the pits??,killing the sport ah well on with the woffy show !

I get sick to death of it keep the pit gate shut and send them back around 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

Great meeting, was good viewing on TV.

Charles Wright Micro moving at the start yet again. Everybody else can sit still !

Noticed that myself

16 hours ago, geoff100 said:

So how long did it take morris to remember the 1 minute rule? How many people came out of the pits??,killing the sport ah well on with the woffy show !

Great to have him riding over here isnt it? 

Even though he rode through the pits and tested his clutch...

And practised a start on parade without a helmet on..

Got booed too by the fans next to the pit entrance and was laughing his knackers off...

:D

Got the Aces an extra, at least, 300~400 or so in last night I reckon....

Hope he can stay when Jack comes back...

• Like 2

Lots of entertainment  in the grandstand before the meeting  started.

I sit in row D.

The people sat next to me discovered they should have been sat in row E. The people who took their seats then discovered they were supposed  to be in row C which meant the people in row C ended up in row D. They all managed to grab a seat before the racing started so no-one was out.

• Haha 1

It was a good meeting to watch but I have to say that Kelvin was very annoying.  I actually started to count the number of times he said “no question about that” or “no doubt about that”.  He said it so often that I gave up counting!  Really not enjoyable listening to him and for me, it just doesn’t work with him as the sole commentator. 

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

It was a good meeting to watch but I have to say that Kelvin was very annoying.  I actually started to count the number of times he said “no question about that” or “no doubt about that”.  He said it so often that I gave up counting!  Really not enjoyable listening to him and for me, it just doesn’t work with him as the sole commentator. 

He doesn't pronounce "Gilkes" properly, either. 

20 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I agree with all above, but just to add that It baffles me that some need passing for it to be a good race, the heat 5 of Dan v Tai was a great race with no passing.  Going back to your post the atmosphere is what gets fans coming back, tonight was sensational, and the aggregate bonus point kept it going all the way.   

Agree entirely with that, it kept the meeting on edge till the end.

12 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I could actually do the chapel route - which involves turning off before the snake and making my way round and coming via Stockport - but i might try that one! Anything that avoids  Mottram - its just a nightmare unless its the middle of the night!

Ive always found coming out by what used to be the flouch pub cuts out the nightmare of Mottram, going home after the meeting you should be ok with your regular route.

Edited by bellevueace

Just caught up with this as was at Wolves last night. 

A pretty good TV match no question or doubt about that :D

Particularly impressed with Woffinden's precision engineering in the pits. 

Also think I saw Alex Brady on the riders viewing perch at the beginning, hope he feels he can return to King's Lynn if he's not already done so. 

Also they kept mentioning the Flat Track GP that was held at the NSS on Saturday, it would be very interesting to know how this went and how the track rode, especially with the weather we had on Saturday

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Flitters said:

Lots of entertainment  in the grandstand before the meeting  started.

I sit in row D.

The people sat next to me discovered they should have been sat in row E. The people who took their seats then discovered they were supposed  to be in row C which meant the people in row C ended up in row D. They all managed to grab a seat before the racing started so no-one was out.

and the racing…….

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Just caught up with this as was at Wolves last night. 

A pretty good TV match no question or doubt about that :D

Particularly impressed with Woffinden's precision engineering in the pits. 

Also think I saw Alex Brady on the riders viewing perch at the beginning, hope he feels he can return to King's Lynn if he's not already done so. 

Also they kept mentioning the Flat Track GP that was held at the NSS on Saturday, it would be very interesting to know how this went and how the track rode, especially with the weather we had on Saturday

Regarding the flat track the track was an absolute mess but they completed 12 heats in heavy rain, the rain then stopped so they had a very long interval to blade all the slip off which worked a treat as they finished the meeting in ok conditions. 

I enjoyed the flat track more than I have the colts this season. 
it was a shame they couldn’t showcase there talents in good conditions 

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 9:35 PM, eric i said:

I find the Belle Vue centre green presenter very irritating.

Take it you mean screaming banshee.:cry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Watched the meeting back tonight and how many times did kelv state the Aces were under pressure to win as they were level with Ipswich, he said it 4 or 5 times, surely someone from the crew should of corrected him after the second time. 

• Like 1