British Speedway Forum

At least Craig Cook is back riding after his absence. 0,0,0, for Leicester tonight.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, eric i said:

Because he is refusing to ride with no reason. He could easily get a flight back from Poland.

There wasn't flights available to get him back in time!

7 minutes ago, TigerIan said:

There wasn't flights available to get him back in time!

Rubbish, there are loads.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, eric i said:

Rubbish, there are loads.

Sorry I didn't realise you personally checked if it was possible! Why didn't you pass on that information to the people who tried there best!

Kyle Howarth withdrew from the meeting at Leicester today - Don't know if this will have an impact on his participation tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

At least Craig Cook is back riding after his absence. 0,0,0, for Leicester tonight.

He does it to wind you up. 

13 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Nevertheless, isn't it silly to have this and the Championship Pairs in the same week as the original cut off date for team fixtures? That's piss poor planning from the league.

Not really, the riders championship is taking place on a day no clubs race on (Sunday), while the pairs is the day before Cardiff, I'm sure no club would want to race on that day for fear of small crowds.

Nevertheless, pre-season the authorities wouldn't have seen a situation with league fixtures still needing run, as clubs only had 8 home league meetings to fit in?

47 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why do us fans bother planning to attend this meeting when even the riders don’t?

Riders run the sport in GB.There should be bans for Non Attendees,but that just makes it more complicated and farcical for later fixtures.(if it could get get anymore farcical).

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Not sure whose dropped out now but Kye Thomson seems to be in it now. 

Taking Nicholls place it seems

Riders pulling out these events is nothing new. Roynon "guested" in last year's pairs, and 2nd year it was held in Glasgow we had to run a B team as rye house couldn't scare up 2 riders fancied the journey. Thus ended Glasgow hosting the pairs. If started banning riders would be running more guests than ever before. The shared events don't hold same prestige did even 10 years ago imo. Not sure fans even that bothered with them anymore, I know I've not been to any in 7 or 8 years 

Shall we place bets on how many more we expect to pull out between now and start time? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Shall we place bets on how many more we expect to pull out between now and start time? 

Maybe Cookie will hurt his back loading the van.