British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington Comets v Kent Royals 12/08/23 3pm .

This weekend sees the Kent team make the very long journey up to Cumbria to take on the Comets in this League encounter.

In the away fixture last weekend the Royals came out on top 50-40 but there was no lack of effort from all the Workington team .

Hopefully the weather will be ok as there are showers forecast for most of Saturday .

27 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

This weekend sees the Kent team make the very long journey up to Cumbria to take on the Comets in this League encounter.

In the away fixture last weekend the Royals came out on top 50-40 but there was no lack of effort from all the Workington team .

Hopefully the weather will be ok as there are showers forecast for most of Saturday .

Can only see the weather winning this one unfortunately 

Don't believe all the weather forecasts are saying, should know by now Cumbria/worky has its own climate, keep the faith and speedway will be on 

Arrgh just watched BBC weather at lunchtime, definitely turned for the worse :o

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Arrgh just watched BBC weather at lunchtime, definitely turned for the worse :o

Met office is a bit more reliable than the BBC forecast.

Stick with your first optimistic post Neila, think thats closer to the mark. Accuracy only really increases 24 hours out and like you say Worky has it's own micro climate.

I was due to come over tomorrow with my training bikes and other gear to give it to Andrew and Worky Speedway.. In view of the poor weather forecast, I am not now coming over but  can't get in touch with Andrew as I don't have his phone number. Can someone on here tell Andrew we won't be over now, but will bring everything over for the meeting on 26th August against Belle Vue. Many Thanks if someone can contact him for me. 

Dave R

10 hours ago, 1Tsunami said:

I was due to come over tomorrow with my training bikes and other gear to give it to Andrew and Worky Speedway.. In view of the poor weather forecast, I am not now coming over but  can't get in touch with Andrew as I don't have his phone number. Can someone on here tell Andrew we won't be over now, but will bring everything over for the meeting on 26th August against Belle Vue. Many Thanks if someone can contact him for me. 

Dave R

Done .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Nothing on bspa website as yet 1205 pm:o

Shud know by now bspa don't know what they are doing