British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Edinburgh. 11/08/2023. 7.30 pm

22 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

So where are they? He's finished.

Top average rider in the championship this year prior to yesterday, hardly ‘finished’ but then sure facts would never get in the way of your prejudice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 8:33 PM, DazS said:

must be why you have 2 x track record races.

Yeah but we’ve only got one Josh, plenty injuries and Dayle 

Don’t even mention Cookie as he has our full support, posters on here obviously weren’t at Armadale last Friday. Reading about it didn’t even come close

Edited by Gr8scot
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mc131 said:

I know it wouldn't make much difference but boughen over Pijper imo, his gating is very good and bike style.

I'm a glasgow fan & I can assure you boughen is better than pijper in years to come he will be streets ahead mark my word ace looks as if he's gonna lock up at every bend to tight up to handlebars & leg round front wheel ashtons style is much better like a young Dan Bewley very similar , I've heard too ace is back at tigers next Yr but if I'm honest would rather have ashton on a 2 before ace he's gonna be a better rider ..ace has done ok considering & if he sorts a few things out his style consistency too many exc f ret  & gating he will be fine 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Barabas said:

I'm a glasgow fan & I can assure you boughen is better than pijper in years to come he will be streets ahead mark my word ace looks as if he's gonna lock up at every bend to tight up to handlebars & leg round front wheel ashtons style is much better like a young Dan Bewley very similar , I've heard too ace is back at tigers next Yr but if I'm honest would rather have ashton on a 2 before ace he's gonna be a better rider ..ace has done ok considering & if he sorts a few things out his style consistency too many exc f ret  & gating he will be fine 

Exactly completely agree to be honest I'd say ashton better already.

Edited by mc131
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mc131 said:

Phillips is just over 2

They turn down armadale because its an atrocious track that few riders can race on never mind youngsters 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Barabas said:

They turn down armadale because its an atrocious track that few riders can race on never mind youngsters 

Why’s that cause it’s not flat out and massive and actually takes a bit of throttle control to ride. Separates riders with actual bike skill to throttle junkies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Barabas said:

Didn’t turn out too badly for Dan Bewley, to be fair. 

And I wish your point was even remotely accurate - might’ve meant that we’d actually have won some home meetings this season!! 

14 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Top average rider in the championship this year prior to yesterday, hardly ‘finished’ but then sure facts would never get in the way of your prejudice 

I’m not sure he was. Masters, Nicholls Douglas and Harris were higher.- and still are

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 12:11 AM, szkocjasid said:

Ryan Kinsley must be the best 2.00 left, they could also sign Harrison though, he's only guesting for Redcar!

If he's available then Harrison would be a terrific signing. I still think Dayle Wood wouldn't be so much of a concern if he was in a similar situation to Nathan Abllitt last season when Poole's top order were so strong that they could afford to compensate for him. Edinburgh's top order this season have not been at their best with injuries etc., and the middle order has been all over the place this season. A top six place for the Monarchs is all that is necessary and then changes can take place before the play-off/group stages if needed. 

20 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

If he's available then Harrison would be a terrific signing. I still think Dayle Wood wouldn't be so much of a concern if he was in a similar situation to Nathan Abllitt last season when Poole's top order were so strong that they could afford to compensate for him. Edinburgh's top order this season have not been at their best with injuries etc., and the middle order has been all over the place this season. A top six place for the Monarchs is all that is necessary and then changes can take place before the play-off/group stages if needed. 

think there is only just over a week or so  left to make any team changes 

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Nathan was deliberately used to allow Poole to have King, Worrall and Lawson. He was required to score 0, he never road in heat 8, only had 3 rides and reserve switched from heat 12-9 to give Zach Cook/Ben Cook 2 shots at the opposition's 7. Was complete tactical genius from Poole.

This year with the drop to 40 points everyone except Poole have a 2 pointer and now your seeing who of the two pointers are competing.

Very surprised Edinburgh stuck with Dale, they've got a whole NDL team to try out and see who could make it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Why’s that cause it’s not flat out and massive and actually takes a bit of throttle control to ride. Separates riders with actual bike skill to throttle junkies.

Because its a crap track for racers don't overthink it pal & don't try & defend it ...

50 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Because its a crap track for racers don't overthink it pal & don't try & defend it ...

You’ve not a clue. Racers who know how to twist the throttle both ways can race on any track.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

You’ve not a clue. Racers who can know how to twist the throttle both ways can race on any track.

Starting to think Barabas has had a name change on this forum.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Starting to think Barabas has had a name change on this forum.

Starting? Knew it from the first post;)

• Like 1