British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Edinburgh. 11/08/2023. 7.30 pm

12 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Very glad you’re nothing to do us, your own fans would be thrilled if you had nothing to do with them also.

I would rather have you in a Glasgow jacket shouting on Bomber.

Or do you think I took that too far.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

On the border line I think.

12 hours ago, Toady said:

Well lucky for you it won’t be around for much longer

You think anyone's got the money just now to be building houses there?

With interest rates as they are? 

And the location is surely only good for smaller  cheaper houses and they don't make the profits. 

And are there not mine workings in that area? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheScotsman said:

You think anyone's got the money just now to be building houses there?

With interest rates as they are? 

And the location is surely only good for smaller  cheaper houses and they don't make the profits. 

And are there not mine workings in that area? 

Basically Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwartang saved Edinburgh speedway by tanking the economy :shock:

Just now, arnieg said:

Basically Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwartang saved Edinburgh speedway by tanking the economy :shock:

I always liked Liz and Kwasi. 

Saw her live last summer. Had a nice chat! 

On 8/13/2023 at 5:28 PM, Cast1rn said:

Nathan was deliberately used to allow Poole to have King, Worrall and Lawson. He was required to score 0, he never road in heat 8, only had 3 rides and reserve switched from heat 12-9 to give Zach Cook/Ben Cook 2 shots at the opposition's 7. Was complete tactical genius from Poole.

Just one problem with your theory: Ablitt did score in most meetings even if it was only 1 or two points. At Armadale he got 3+2 if i remember correctly. Nobody is 'required' to score 0.

15 hours ago, Gazc said:

Plus a season ticket.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Just one problem with your theory: Ablitt did score in most meetings even if it was only 1 or two points. At Armadale he got 3+2 if i remember correctly. Nobody is 'required' to score 0.

Apologies, he wasn't "needed to score" any more than zero.

Of his 38 meetings he scored 0, 15 times, 39.47% of his meetings, so your right in the fact he scored in "most"

His total accumulated points in the championship across those 38 meetings was 44 points. 8 of those points were scored when an opposition rider fell,retired or got excluded. 

His rolling average would be around 1.46 for all meetings.

But here's where I'm trying to make my point. He didnt get the opportunity to improve.

He got the chance in heat 8, 6 out of the 38 chances...... 15% ,  which also matched the number of times that he actually got 4 rides.

Again all the nonsense of "apprenticeships" and "giving the youngsters a chance" makes me gag. He was there for one reason and that was to have 7 riders on the declaration sheet. 

Thankfully at Scunthorpe he's now actually getting a chance.

*Edit, just double checked from 14 championship meetings this year scored 36 points.

Edited by Cast1rn
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 11:45 PM, Cast1rn said:

I agree. And i've seen a lot of improvement in him this season too. 

On 8/15/2023 at 11:45 PM, Cast1rn said:

Apologies, he wasn't "needed to score" any more than zero.

Of his 38 meetings he scored 0, 15 times, 39.47% of his meetings, so your right in the fact he scored in "most"

His total accumulated points in the championship across those 38 meetings was 44 points. 8 of those points were scored when an opposition rider fell,retired or got excluded. 

His rolling average would be around 1.46 for all meetings.

But here's where I'm trying to make my point. He didnt get the opportunity to improve.

He got the chance in heat 8, 6 out of the 38 chances...... 15% ,  which also matched the number of times that he actually got 4 rides.

Again all the nonsense of "apprenticeships" and "giving the youngsters a chance" makes me gag. He was there for one reason and that was to have 7 riders on the declaration sheet. 

*Edit, just double checked from 14 championship meetings this year scored 36 points.

Are Scunthorpe actually treating Ablitt any better than Poole though? They use him at number 6, which means zero heat 8s (less than he got at Poole) plus rides against the 1+2 / 3+4 pairing, while Mountain meets a reserve in all 4 programmed rides. I would say Scunthorpe have the exact same attitude to Poole when it comes to "apprenticeships" and "giving the youngsters a chance".

Obviously he's getting 4 rides more often, but that's due to him scoring more points. If he was continuing his Poole form he'd likely only be getting 3 rides each match, same as last year!

Edited by szkocjasid

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Are Scunthorpe actually treating Ablitt any better than Poole though? They use him at number 6, which means zero heat 8s (less than he got at Poole) plus rides against the 1+2 / 3+4 pairing, while Mountain meets a reserve in all 4 programmed rides. I would say Scunthorpe have the exact same attitude to Poole when it comes to "apprenticeships" and "giving the youngsters a chance".

Obviously he's getting 4 rides more often, but that's due to him scoring more points. If he was continuing his Poole form he'd likely only be getting 3 rides each match, same as last year!

Mountain’s at 2

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Mountain’s at 2

Now he is, with Kemp dropping to 7 & getting the easier rides. Ablitt has done very well to improve, but don't believe Scunny have done anything Poole didn't do.

On 8/13/2023 at 11:03 AM, Macca said:

Didn’t turn out too badly for Dan Bewley, to be fair. 

And I wish your point was even remotely accurate - might’ve meant that we’d actually have won some home meetings this season!! 

You've not won because you've had injuries you should know this hmmm...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not going to go through all the Scunthorpe stats for his heats, but Poole did reserve switch him in heat 9, so he was getting heat 2 Vs #6/7 heat 4 Vs #7/5 and heat 9 Vs #3/4. His "Poole Form" was manufactured because of the heats he was in against. Now before I end up getting a "Ablitts number 1 fan" tattoo, it was more the BS that went with it with the "developing youth" Nonsense that got under my skin.