British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
magnus

Torun 2023

8 hours ago, Gemini said:

Can you explain the meaning of wokeness full stop? :D

yes all you people who think 2 Russian sports men should be stopped from racing in a world championship because some puppet, leader is pushing his own agenda. 

• Thanks 1

Excluding people from something due to their race or nationality is surely the antithesis of woke?

Some thick people on here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chunky said:

1973? :rofl:

health and saftey gone mad.:shock:

10 hours ago, NickB said:

Given that Woffinden was there, makes you wonder why he wasn't on parade...in the grand tradition of conspiracy theories, maybe he's got wind of the wild card picks, doesn't have one and is in a bit of a strop?!!!.....

Woffy had no divine right to be in the GPs, & never enters the qualifiers, so I can't see any reason for him to have a strop (if he did).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Don’t want to sound too disrespectful but can see kvech struggling and just replacing Nilsson finishing near the bottom every gp with the odd good one thrown in.

Quite likely, but he qualified so deserves his chance.

One downside of having 5 wildcards is some top riders not entering the qualifying system as they'll expect a wildcard. So you could get riders qualifying but being out of their depth in the GPs.

But despite thier poor seasons, riders like Przedpelski deserved & Nilsson 100% deserved to be in the GPs, besides - someone has to finish bottom.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Banning Russian Speedway riders for doing nothing wrong.

Got it. Wokeness means anything you disagree with. Thanks for clearing that up.

13 minutes ago, norbold said:

Anything that's leftie pandering is an act of Wokeness.

Virtue Signallers pandering to Ukraine by punishing innocent Russian people who haven't done anything wrong is Russophobia. 

No reason why Emil and Laguta can't compete in the GP's under a neutral flag or something like they do in British Speedway.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Russophobia.

Fear of people called Russell?:D

Lefty 'woke' people would surely disagree with excluding people based on Nationality?

Excluding people based on race, gender, nationality is as right wing as you can get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Fear of people called Russell?:D

Lefty 'woke' people would surely disagree with excluding people based on Nationality?

Excluding people based on race, gender, nationality is as right wing as you can get.

:D

17 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Is that discovery or Eurosport? Just turned back to Eurosport and got proper pictures. I do wonder why hubby paid for the other rubbish

Apologise for a late reply..... I am with Discovery+.  I understand to get Eurosport I would need Sky.  For 2023 Discovery+ was £60 and I seen all 10 GPs, the Speedway of Nations, British Championship, plus a good number of British Premiership matches.... and they are still ongoing.

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Apologise for a late reply..... I am with Discovery+.  I understand to get Eurosport I would need Sky.  For 2023 Discovery+ was £60 and I seen all 10 GPs, the Speedway of Nations, British Championship, plus a good number of British Premiership matches.... and they are still ongoing.

The problem is more the quality, when I pay for something I expect a decent product. Stream freezes, sound is missing etc. graphics are terrible. Just don’t get me started on the quality and accuracy of the commentary.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mikebv said:

So much faster....

Wow...

Generational talent...

Could do seven, or even more...

Barring injury/someone stepping up/Zmarzlik's standards dropping you can certainly see him roaring past Mauger and Rickardsson, though they had tougher opposition.

4 hours ago, norbold said:

Exactly! 

It's the same meaning as 'hate' ;)