British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ippo 17/08/23

Just now, Gasser90 said:

I wonder what the sanctions will be? 

Your guess is as good as mine..

1 minute ago, Gasser90 said:

Why should there be any sanctions?  It's not their fault they have a number of injuries, and there isn't much choice for guests.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Let's hope it's not financial. Buster won't be able to pay as King's Lynn is overbudget

1 minute ago, StarBoy said:

Let's hope it's not financial. Buster won't be able to pay as King's Lynn is overbudget

I'm sure the powers that be don't want to loose another club, so hopefully what ever it is it won't hurt us to much in the pocket.

• Like 1

Match should be forfeit and not rearranged with the points awarded

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Why should there be any sanctions?  It's not their fault they have a number of injuries, and there isn't much choice for guests.

It's all Busters fault you know that :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Financial penalty might be straw that breaks camel’s back. Morris making fool of himself by talking about penalties in such circumstances. What does he suggest kings  Lynn do?. A vastly under-strength Stars team wouldn’t attract a crowd and put Kings Lynn in an even bigger mess. Not a good advert for having someone independent running things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Match should be forfeit and not rearranged with the points awarded

Of course it should and would be in a real sporting event. But as we all know speedway isn't....when riders cba to ride in the British Final , what hope to race in a league meeting.... 

Were Redcar given the option of postponing their match at Sheffield in 2017?

[Due to injury Redcar's announced line up contained six guests and r/r]

• Like 5

Perhaps some people would have more sympathy if dubious calls hadn’t happened in the past - yes I no this call off is for real but in the past there been some very dodgy call offs notably  the pit gate incident. Ipswich should be awarded the points but then that’s unfair on season ticket holders .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

Perhaps some people would have more sympathy if dubious calls hadn’t happened in the past - yes I no this call off is for real but in the past there been some very dodgy call offs notably  the pit gate incident. Ipswich should be awarded the points but then that’s unfair on season ticket holders .

I'm sure a partial refund to the 40 or 50 people affected could be easily arranged. Would save Bluster a packet too compared with running thd meeting.......

• Like 1